• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/6/2011 Ski Sundown NASTAR 6-9

skidmarks

Suburban Legend NASTAR Series Race 1 this Thursday at Ski Sundown
$35.00 Includes Lift Ticket and Unlimited Race Runs
Prizes, Pizza and more.

SuburbanLegend.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
I want to try NASTAR this year, but Thursday nights are no good for me.

gmcunni

i was never really into NASTAR but tried it once last year and it was fun. My kids tried it at Sundown last year seem to like it too. i plan in trying it more this season, i think i'm old enough to get a good handicap so i can win a medal :-D

Greg

Staff member
It's definitely a lot of fun. I get the appeal. Too bad I suck at it. Shannon on the race crew gave me a simple tip though. Start really high on your first gate which sets you up to start your turns early for the rest of the gates. Last thing you want to do is turn too sharply and scrub speed because you initiated the turn late.

Gary - you'll get a bronze or silver pretty early on. I'm absolutely horrible at running gates/carving and even I can get a bronze...

planb420

Is this for skiers only???? This is the first time I have come across this, how dose it work, whats the cost, and are there discounts for pass holders??.....basically any details anyone has for a super interested snowboarder that loves to GO FAST would be great...I saw it this morning set up on the mountain but only had 2 hours to ride and no time to get the info there...

Greg

Staff member
Snow boarders can definitely run gates. We have a few snow boarders that ride in the CISC league Tuesday nights.

As a pass holder not demoing skis, NASTAR is $12 for unlimited runs.

planb420

Whats the cost to a pass holder? Is it a run by run basis or can you just pay a fee for a whole season of runs?

skidmarks

Whats the cost to a pass holder? Is it a run by run basis or can you just pay a fee for a whole season of runs?

I'm not sure if Sundown has a season NASTAR Pass but it's $12.00 for unlimited Nastar on a Thursday night

gmcunni

sundown website -
NASTAR Racing with Coaching

2 hours of professional coaching during public NASTAR course hours from January 6 to February 27.
No pre-registration required. Purchase at our Welcome Center.
2-hour clinic (includes unlimited timed NASTAR runs)* - $75
NASTAR COACHING TIMES: Sundays 2pm & 4pm, Thursdays 7pm, Mondays 10am
NASTAR COURSE HOURS: Sundays 2-6pm, Thursdays 6-9pm, Mondays 9:30am-12pm
*Lift ticket/pass required

who does the coaching?