• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thunder Ridge

Does anyone know if Thunder Ridge has the park setup? What kind of jumps are available.

Greg

Staff member
I think Greg's (marketing/do lots of other stuff guy) username here is Sotto. You can try PMing him if he doesn't respond to this thread.

JimG.

Staff member
Haven't been there this year...my 8 year old James doesn't want to go there anymore now that he has graduated to the top of Hunter mountain.

But, I have some free time on Thursday afternoon and was thinking of going over there just to ski some. I'll let you know. I can tell you that any jumps set up will be pretty tame.

SkiDork

I passed by there Sunday at around 9 PM. I saw what looked like 3 big whales in a row on (I'm guessing here) The Face. Interesting looking jumps

The wife went by today. Nothing there and they told her they don't like the bumpers. They say they are not as not as the racers.

Looks like we'll be at Sundown tonight. Spencer needs to work on his airs.

bvibert

Staff member
The wife went by today. Nothing there and they told her they don't like the bumpers. They say they are not as not as the racers.

That's pretty funny to me. When I was there at the end of last season the people I skied with appreciated the bumps that were there, but did say that it was a rare occurrence. Hopefully the management will see the light.

Looks like we'll be at Sundown tonight. Spencer needs to work on his airs.

I'll be there working tonight, maybe I'll see you there.