Backcountry Ski Conditions Resources - Page 11

AlpineZone

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Anyone been up Tucks so far this year or planning a trip soon? Starting to plan a trip and looking for some up-to-date reports. Have been checking the avalanche center reports but would like to ski conditions if anyone has them.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Check this out - not good. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Nort...oup_highlights

look for the video of the slide. WOW

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    Check this out - not good. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Nort...oup_highlights

look for the video of the slide. WOW
    Yeah, that is nuts. I give him props for posting that for sure.

That did not look fun. Even before the slide, conditions seemed horrendous and like going/making it down would not be fun anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcb890 View Post
    That did not look fun. Even before the slide, conditions seemed horrendous and like going/making it down would not be fun anyways.
    Never understood the mentality of climbing something that you know while climbing will not be easy or even fun going back down. In the beginning he was board sliding the whole way which on my books is not a run. Like a skier sliding sideways - same thing. There are videos of people at tucks doing the same thing then tumbling after losing an edge.

Maybe it is the trill of a potential death wish?

Even at the end of the video he talked about how numb it was. What reasoning went out the window?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Thread Information