• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Backcountry Ski Conditions Resources

ggrass603

Anyone been up Tucks so far this year or planning a trip soon? Starting to plan a trip and looking for some up-to-date reports. Have been checking the avalanche center reports but would like to ski conditions if anyone has them.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Jcb890

That did not look fun. Even before the slide, conditions seemed horrendous and like going/making it down would not be fun anyways.

dblskifanatic

That did not look fun. Even before the slide, conditions seemed horrendous and like going/making it down would not be fun anyways.

Never understood the mentality of climbing something that you know while climbing will not be easy or even fun going back down. In the beginning he was board sliding the whole way which on my books is not a run. Like a skier sliding sideways - same thing. There are videos of people at tucks doing the same thing then tumbling after losing an edge.

Maybe it is the trill of a potential death wish?

Even at the end of the video he talked about how numb it was. What reasoning went out the window?

1dog

Anyone been up Tucks so far this year or planning a trip soon? Starting to plan a trip and looking for some up-to-date reports. Have been checking the avalanche center reports but would like to ski conditions if anyone has them.

Monroe was good - Oaks was the goal - just not enough energy for two - it was warm. Prob ;last weekend to ski to trailhead. Sherbourne on other side up to 3000' ( not to mention thousands of people. I've never seen Cog parking so full tho.

Attachments

• IMG_3731.MOV
    25.9 MB · Views: 0

raisingarizona

Never understood the mentality of climbing something that you know while climbing will not be easy or even fun going back down. In the beginning he was board sliding the whole way which on my books is not a run. Like a skier sliding sideways - same thing. There are videos of people at tucks doing the same thing then tumbling after losing an edge.

Maybe it is the trill of a potential death wish?

Even at the end of the video he talked about how numb it was. What reasoning went out the window?

Check out the first one in this list.

BodeMiller1

I really don't understand why skiers seek this out.

Never skied out west, butt if I was going to be buried, I'd take fluffier snow. (yea I get that the snow heats up in a slide).

Fun fact of the day: The snow under an average ski melts and refreezes. A number of assumptions are made here.