Groups snaking across whole trails

AlpineZone

Groups snaking across whole trails

Not that it is only group lessons and racers but it seems to be them more often. If a group of lesson takers need to take up a whole diamond trail snaking across it maybe they shouldn't be on it. It becomes awfully difficult and dangerous getting through. I understand on beginner terrain and somewhat on intermediate but they should be at a level where this isn't needed on most intermediate and expert terrain.

Racers on the other hand tend to do it but 1 or 2 at a time and usually stop at the edges when others are coming down and don't go until they pass.

2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

At what resort are you seeing lesson takers snaking across black trails? I can't say that I have seen that often (if not at all), but don't ski a lot of different resorts.

This is a pet peeve of mine. I always appreciate consideration for others. And realizing that you are not the only person on the slopes. Look over your shoulder before starting out, look around at trail mergers. Never take up the whole trail, there is always someone faster than you that wants to get by you. Levels of ability vary, you are not the standard. You may have the right of way being down slope, but will it really matter if you take up the whole trail and get taken out, and having your knee rearranged? All that time laid up, you can tell yourself you were in the right.

I ski with a small group, typically. We wait for the slope to clear out, and we tend to follow each other, allowing space for sudden turns and corrections if we slip on ice or something. And we tend to stay one side or the other, to allow faster skiers to go by. We all want to have fun. Look around and share the slopes. You do not have exclusive rights to any of them.
    lovin life,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    At what resort are you seeing lesson takers snaking across black trails? I can't say that I have seen that often (if not at all), but don't ski a lot of different resorts.
    I have seen lessons doing this at multiple places but most recently at Cannon

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    I have seen lessons doing this at multiple places but most recently at Cannon

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    I love Cannon, and I love that most of the people at Cannon can ski, but I often get the feeling there that many people feel like "Cannon is theirs" and they don't need to consider others. There are people stopped in the middle of the trail (just hanging out), people passing uncomfortably close at crazy high speeds, and a few weeks ago a swarm of FSC kids took out my both me and my 5-year-old. The coaches addressed the situation appropriately, and thankfully no one was hurt, but it could have been much worse.

So mostly this is just a vent to agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiMom80 View Post
    I love Cannon, and I love that most of the people at Cannon can ski, but I often get the feeling there that many people feel like "Cannon is theirs" and they don't need to consider others. There are people stopped in the middle of the trail (just hanging out), people passing uncomfortably close at crazy high speeds, and a few weeks ago a swarm of FSC kids took out my both me and my 5-year-old. The coaches addressed the situation appropriately, and thankfully no one was hurt, but it could have been much worse.

So mostly this is just a vent to agree with you!
    Another issue I have had seen at Cannon (and other places) is people get in line without their whole party and then people cut through the line to get up with their friends. This seems to be mostly older regulars who think the mountain is theirs like you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Another issue I have had seen at Cannon (and other places) is people get in line without their whole party and then people cut through the line to get up with their friends. This seems to be mostly older regulars who think the mountain is theirs like you mentioned.
    That Ive noticed everywhere, pisses me off to no end. Im usually riding single and it really does annoy me when Im about to load with 2 people as per the lifties instruction and they say no were four, and the other two come skipping under the rope

Thread Information