• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mod's are lazy

SkiDork

As a long time forum poster (back from BBS days) I've found 1 thing that I pretty much use as a rule. Maybe I shouldn't give it up here but what the heck. Take it for what its worth:

The VERY BEST (or worst) response you can possibly give to a troll is to TOTALLY IGNORE them. Nothing is better. NOTHING.

There, thats my experience. I've used it many times and believe me, it works.

Puck it

As a long time forum poster (back from BBS days) I've found 1 thing that I pretty much use as a rule. Maybe I shouldn't give it up here but what the heck. Take it for what its worth:

The VERY BEST (or worst) response you can possibly give to a troll is to TOTALLY IGNORE them. Nothing is better. NOTHING.

Bingo. And an apology, too for this situation. I would not even have started.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
i just tested - the answer is "yes" they will still see your posts so it's of no use to me.. :(

DMC Just curious, why does that bother you? Who cares? The idea of ignoring is you don't want to see X person's posts, why does it matter if they see yours or even comment on them, if you can't tell? Is it because someone is basically talking "behind your back" then?

I'm just wondering about the psychology of it is all.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

I agree in general. It's not always easy to ignore things though> god knows I've been in my share of flame wars on other forums :lol:

I have to hold myself to a higher level of decorum here tho haha:beer:

SkiDork

It's not always easy to ignore things though> god knows I've been in my share of flame wars on other forums :lol:

The beauty of ignoring is that you're telling the other poster/flamer/whatever that they're so low in your book that they don't even deserve a reponse. They don't exist in your world. Its a real slap in the face and I've seen many times how it infuriates the other person...

Puck it

DMC Just curious, why does that bother you? Who cares? The idea of ignoring is you don't want to see X person's posts, why does it matter if they see yours or even comment on them, if you can't tell? Is it because someone is basically talking "behind your back" then?

Could not resist.
psychiatrist-couch.gif

dmc

We can talk about this offline - nobodies(not even the owner) dragging back into this whole thing I'm trying to put behind me. thanks...

Breeze

This whole thing reminds me of 2 four year olds in the back seat of a car.

Both players in this scenario are well and truly old enough to know better. It isn't funny, it isn't entertaining, it detracts from credibility within the forum and serves no good purpose. Please go have a piss off, make yellow snow, ELSEWHERE.

Breeze

dmc

Both players in this scenario are well and truly old enough to know better. It isn't funny, it isn't entertaining, it detracts from credibility within the forum and serves no good purpose. Please go have a piss off, make yellow snow, ELSEWHERE.

Breeze

whatever dude..
I want to end as much as the next guy..

Black Phantom

Breeze

Your analysis is incorrect. Value was indeed perceived and recognized in the form of a purchase of the site.

do-purchase-sales-agreement-800X800.jpg