• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/11 - 12 Storm Discussion Thread

wa-loaf

Looking really good for Dr Jeffs house:
storm_forecast_011010-thumb-608x551-30117.png

WJenness

Mid-week skiing sanity days approved by the boss!

I've got Wed. and Thusday off!

Wed. will be at Sunday River (boots are there, so not much of a choice)... I'll decide Thursday based on Wed.

-w

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Friggin Atlanta has more snow than my house in Lyndon right now (4 inches at the stake)and there is nothing significant on the horizon.
As Riverc0il pointed out in a recent post, This pattern is starting to remind me a lot of last year. Cool and dry and all the snow in the flatlands where it does no good.

Burke has been making a lot of snow but the natural covered trails are still in rough shape. We need a minimum of 8 inches of dense snow to get back in the woods.

mondeo

Friggin Atlanta has more snow than my house in Lyndon right now (4 inches at the stake)and there is nothing significant on the horizon.
As Riverc0il pointed out in a recent post, This pattern is starting to remind me a lot of last year. Cool and dry and all the snow in the flatlands where it does no good.

Burke has been making a lot of snow but the natural covered trails are still in rough shape. We need a minimum of 8 inches of dense snow to get back in the woods.
The track is a little further north so far this year. At least Sundown is getting hit, it was all Poconos last year.

A budge into central VT would be much appreciated, though.

wa-loaf

The 14 is moving closer to my house. My Snowblower broke on the last storm, so I'm sure I'll get pounded:
storm_forecast_011010.png

jrmagic

I'm hoping we are far enough west not to suffer too adversely from the wind. I beleive I saw something about sustained North winds at 15 with gusts into the 30s for Wednesday in the Southern Greens.

WinnChill

Oh really???

Do tell.

Pre-positioning at Sunday River tomorrow night...

-w

"He's going to tell, he's going to tell..."; sorry, Monty Python reference.

The heaviest swath or bands should set up through southern ME and southern NH (stretching up into the southern Whites). It should graze along SR area too with some enhanced upslope....SL and SR should make out ok. (*Adding that upslope would have to make up for the heavier snow to the south) We tweaked accumulations a bit this afternoon but would like to look at tonight's model runs before fine tuning.

Last edited: