• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/11 - 12 Storm Discussion Thread

WinnChill

Yeah, the region around Sunday River needs some snow! Not much in the woods at all!

I hope I didn't speak too soon...they'll be on the edge of the heavy stuff so I hope they can get in on the action. Just across the border in NH, Cranmore looked like it, too, was hurting for snow from a few of Bill's pics.

WJenness

Thanks for the info Winn.

I look forward to monitoring what you have to say.

I'm locked in for SR on Wed... (My boots are there at my buddy's condo). If somewhere between SR and home has much better conditions for Thursday, I might pay them a visit instead of staying at SR.

-w

WinnChill

Thanks for the info Winn.

I look forward to monitoring what you have to say.

I'm locked in for SR on Wed... (My boots are there at my buddy's condo). If somewhere between SR and home has much better conditions for Thursday, I might pay them a visit instead of staying at SR.

-w

Ah ok. We'll be watching anywhere from SL thru Attitash, Gunstock, and Crotched but will keep you posted.

We're about to give some Saddleback passes away on our Facebook page (7pm)--check on over if you're interested.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
I hope I didn't speak too soon...they'll be on the edge of the heavy stuff so I hope they can get in on the action. Just across the border in NH, Cranmore looked like it, too, was hurting for snow from a few of Bill's pics.

Yeah I hope Cranmores race trail has decent coverage. My son has Races there this Friday and Saturday. I dont need for his race skis to get messed up!

WinnChill

I got Thurs off, tell me where to go! :lol:

I'd like to see Gunstock benefit the most out of this one (closest to heavier snow and slope orientation). Perhaps Waterville too. It'll be a busy day tomorrow narrowing this stuff down.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Bulk of it pushes through during the day Wed (mostly AM, winding down late PM)...probably showers after dark.
Meh. I want cumulative untracked. Where are the winds going to be the worst Wednesday? Who should shut down all lifts Weds and reopen Thurs. I am still liking Thurs for my purposes, just going with an area that won't be open on Weds. :D

wa-loaf

Keeps getting deeper. Though I'm sure they'll back off of all this at the end
storm_forecast_011011a.png

mondeo

Meh. I want cumulative untracked. Where are the winds going to be the worst Wednesday? Who should shut down all lifts Weds and reopen Thurs. I am still liking Thurs for my purposes, just going with an area that won't be open on Weds. :D
Pico's always closed on Tuesday-Wednesday. Just not a good storm for it.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Pico's always closed on Tuesday-Wednesday. Just not a good storm for it.
Already on the short list. Will be interesting to see if Magic opens Weds. I could see Magic skiing amazingly better on Thurs after cumulative snow fall. MRG opens the Double tomorrow. Will be interesting if the Single is kept off line on Weds due to winds.

John W

So what is being said now. Is killington going to get anything this weekend? Looks like it is just on the edge of significant accumulation.... 5-7 inches sounding about right at this point.. Mr Chill??? Happy new year to all by the way...

Greg

Staff member
Keeps getting deeper. Though I'm sure they'll back off of all this at the end
storm_forecast_011011a.png

Sundown. FTW. :lol:

Actually, given the New Hartford snow hole, I'm betting on about 6-8"...

mondeo

Already on the short list. Will be interesting to see if Magic opens Weds. I could see Magic skiing amazingly better on Thurs after cumulative snow fall. MRG opens the Double tomorrow. Will be interesting if the Single is kept off line on Weds due to winds.
I'm with you on this. Even if there is a good dump, half of it's going to occur during operations. I'm sorta thinking Pico Thursday and Magic Saturday if the storm tracks further north. Otherwise I might just hit Sundown Wednesday night and burn my blackout floaters at Kton this weekend.