• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/11 - 12 Storm Discussion Thread

wa-loaf

I'm sure the groomers are out and busily packing it all down at Wachusett. Can't go today anyway.

mondeo

I meant the customers.
Yo.

Taking off the rose tinted Sundown glasses for a minute, most I'd want at there is around a foot. Too little terrain for a full blown powder day experience (I'm expecting it to be fully tracked out by the time I get there,) but decent place for pow bumps and powder park landings.

Greg

Staff member
Yo.

Taking off the rose tinted Sundown glasses for a minute, most I'd want at there is around a foot. Too little terrain for a full blown powder day experience (I'm expecting it to be fully tracked out by the time I get there,) but decent place for pow bumps and powder park landings.

It'll be tracked out for sure. But should still be great tonight. And as I understand the boys have gone off the beaten path and it's almost full vert tree skiing today.

Greg

Staff member
They actually called this pretty well 5 days out. Impressive for once.

frozencorn

You gotta be kidding me. The one day I'd want to venture to Blue Hills and they lose power and are closed. Now tomorrow needs to get here soon.

soposkier

I was about to head to Blue Hills as well, might go over to prospect hill and get some runs.

mondeo

Ok, this thing needs to move just a little. 20 miles, just stop increasing my pre-skiing shoveling workload, dammit.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Somewhere between 16 and 20" of light pow out here in north central Mass. Going snowshoeing with the kids later today, maybe some shoeing at Wachusett or Monadnock tomorrow. Or x-country skiiing at Northfield or Windblown. Decisions, decisions, decisions. :snow:

roark

At snow now, dunno about 20 but I'd believe 15"
Must've measured a drift. Wind is actually keeping things kinda fresh, not bad!

2knees

there is easily two feet near hartford and still puking. what a waste.

wa-loaf

I've "only" got about 15 out in my yard. But there are few more bands that look like they want to come through so we may eke out 18 once it's done.