• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log

cbcbd

bruno said:
saturday, 14 miles in new haven, ct. where i was at a wedding. not good riding in new haven. jus' sayin'. . . .:angry: :cry:
You were riding IN the city? Yeah, I passed by New Haven biking once to go to my girlfriend's and it wasn't a great stretch - just a lot of cars, close traffic, lots of stopping, crappy roads... you know, a city.
Next time you're there head out of the city onto rt 34 going west... or east out of New Haven onto 80 (after a few miles it gets better once you're out of the mall areas). Rt 80 alone and that whole area East of New Haven have some excellent road biking... long winding hilly roads.

bruno

cbcbd said:
You were riding IN the city?

yeah i was there for a wedding and had to be close by. except for the pizza at modern apizza, i will never ever go back to new haven. ever.:flame: :uzi: :roll: :???: :-o :puke: :puke:

btw--the only reason i can see to goin' to yale is that ya didn't get into harvard! (a lot of yalies at the weddin'--in fact almost everybody. sheesh! whadda bunch o' tools! jus' sayin'. . .):evil: :roll: :wink:

trtaylor

I must say, you guys have been inspiring. I am trying to ride almost every day, but I don't have the time, or the fitness, to ride like many of you. But, I am working on that and I am getting better. As I said, this forum is great motivation. That and the fact that now the days are getting shorter :)

Anyway, yesterday my wife and I were able to get in a 20 mile ride on the D&R towpath in New Jersey. Much fun and very good for this cardiac patient!

jplynch019

40 RT / Standard Commute

After a week out of action back to the daily commute. Bruno, I ride to work in Danbury, CT, and the roads in and around Danbury are in tough shape too. Probably not as bad as the roads in New Haven, but still the last 4 miles (on the way in) are a challenge. I leave early enough in the morning where its not too busy. The way home is a different story. Those first 4 miles I'm taking my life in my hands.

In the words of Jim Morrison (The Doors) - "Blood in the streets in the town of New Haven"

cbcbd

24 miles @ 16.9mph on the new bike!!

I didn't set up my computer on it yet so it's just an estimate... and that's with me stopping because my front derailleur was loose and wouldn't shift to the big chainring.

My fastest recent average on my old bike for this route was 18.1mph, I think this new bike is going to make pancakes out of that average, woooo!

bruno

36 miles. part of which was goin' to the harpoon brewery for some all-ya-can-drink free beer tastin'! i tasted all of 'em. numerously.:beer: :beer: :beer: :oops: :daffy: :snow: :spread: :)

jplynch019

Hot hot hot!

Did the standard R/T commute of 40 but was spent when I got home. Temps are dangerously hot. Laid on the concrete floor in the basement to cool down when I got home. Supposed to be the same today. yikes

Charlie Schuessler

Thank goodness it cooled off after 5:00 this afternoon...Home Hills 26.38KM in 55:51...haven't ridden since Monday when it was lung burnin' hot...I'm really looking forward to Skiing...

jplynch019

Not so hot

standard 40 yesterday. Believe it or not it was a piece of cake compared to the heat on Tuesday / Wednesday. And of course there was the carbo load :beer: after!

jplynch019

Bruno, when do you get the Ant?

When is your Ant supposed to be finished? You should post up a picutre of it when you get it.

cbcbd

24 miles @ 18.4mph today after work. I'm really digging this bike. I guess it's all relative and I'm comparing to a 17 year old bike, but I love it! Now I gotta get back into shape ;) :D ;)

bruno

jplynch019 said:
When is your Ant supposed to be finished? You should post up a picutre of it when you get it.

nah, i went with an IF titanium club racer. same bike essentially, but i went embarassingly big. it's only money and ya don't see no hearses with luggage racks!!:wink: :spin:

should get it and get it built up sometime in september.:beer: :daffy: :flag:

28 miles yesterday. commute and a few errands.:-o

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Pan Mass Challenge today, one day route.

Sturbridge to Wellesly, 74 miles in exactly 4 hours. 18.5 mph average speed.

I felt pretty good about that considering the entire second half of the ride I was alone.

Oh, and I was the first one in to Wellesly- woot.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Marc said:
Pan Mass Challenge today, one day route.

Sturbridge to Wellesly, 74 miles in exactly 4 hours. 18.5 mph average speed.

I felt pretty good about that considering the entire second half of the ride I was alone.

Oh, and I was the first one in to Wellesly- woot.

Alright, good one Marc!

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Got in last night from Cape Cod. Got a fair amount of biking in, didn't do much for speed, but mileage wasn't bad. My excuse, had my wife, friends,and my hybrid :) :

Monday - 5.5 miles @ 15.7mph (hey, it was a rough weekend!)
Tuesday - 2 rides for a total of 31.4 miles @ 11.7 mph
Wednesday - 13.2 miles @ 14.7 mph
Thursday - 13.3 miles @ 15.5 mph
Friday - 1st ride, by myself, 17.8 miles @ 15.8 mph
Friday - 2nd ride, with wife and friends, 16.8 miles @ 13.3 mph
Saturday - 15 miles @ 14.3 mph

Monday to Saturday total = 113 miles.