• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
hammer said:
Was that the Cape Cod Rail Trail? I'd like to take a day trip there but I don't relish the idea of getting to Cape Cod on a weekend in the summer...maybe some time in the fall will work.

I feel much better if my kids stay on a trail...in my limited experience, you have to be on your toes to ride safely on streets in New England.

Yep, Cape Cod Rail Trail. There are parts where you do cross roads on this trail and at least one section where you have ride on the road for about a 1/4 mile, but overall it's real nice. Also, I find that overall Cape Cod is very biker friendly.

SKIQUATTRO

we have a house in eastham where the bike trail goes thru....i believe it goes from Dennis to Marconi beach in Wellfleet...in eastham you can shoot off the main rail trail and bike over to the National Seashore Welcome Center and take the bike path up to Coast Guard Beach...the rail trail is great, you can stop at restaurants/ice cream places along the way (all have bike racks) there are great lakes to stop at and take a swim.....the cape is very bike friendly

cbcbd

Mtb ride for 1 hour. Found some new trails in the park, hit some new drops. Sweet.

bruno

30 yesterday. dudes! the ride to work this morning (don't worry, i get mondays off!) was great. saturday mornin' is always great what with lack of cars and all, but the weather! duders! freakin' great weather. i even wore a light wool shirt! fantastic!! get out and ride today fellers!!!!:beer: :daffy: :flag: :snow: :) :p :flag: :spread: :smile: :daffy:

Charlie Schuessler

MS Green Mountain Getaway - 8-12-06

A wonderful day in Western Vermont where I ventured with some other crazies 88.2 miles in 5:07:35...the last 12 were...

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Today turned out better expected. We were going bike riding with some friends, figured I'd leave the planning to my wife. She dissapointed me, she made plans earlier instead of later. Knowing her, I figured she'd want to sleep, I'd get a good 20-30 mile ride and then go with them for a 20 miler. Well wasn't disappointed, we wound up doing 51.8 miles @ 12 mph. The average wasn't too good, but 90% of the ride was on a dirt road, so I can't complaing. We checked out a new trail, the first I heard of it was on this thread from trtaylor. It was the D&R Canal Park, a 70 mile trail from New Brunswick, NJ to Trenton, NJ. When he first mentioned it, I checked it out on the web, figued it sounded good and stored it away for future reference. Yesterday my wife contacted our friends to see if they want to go for a ride and long story short, they lived close to this trail, so we figured we'd give it a try. It's all unpaved, runs along a canal for 70 miles! And I really enjoyed it! could have done better with regard to speed, but the people I rode with are not avid bikers. Can't complaing though, I have never known them to do more than 30 miles, my wife include. I was pleasently suprised! Below is one pic of this trail, you can find more at: http://killingtonaccessrd.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=42

normal_P8120018.JPG

Last edited:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Saturday: Rode up to Killington Peak from the Whiffletree condominiums, then the rest of the day all lift served mountain biking.

Sunday: More lift served.

Awesome trails, picture perfect weather. I'll have pictures and maybe a short video in the future.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Rode in a 24 hour mtn bike race this weekend. 8.5 mile course. I rode 5 laps and averaged around 55 minutes per lap. For an average of 9.2 miles/hour. It was a fun but rather tiring event.

Nice, NEK. How many were on your team?

I participated in a 24 hour race a couple years ago on a team of 4. 6.5 mile course and we averaged around 35 min/lap, so we probably did 10 laps a piece, and nlmasopust did a couple more than all of us. His lap times were also a lot faster. That was freakin tiring though, you're quite right.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
We had a team of 5 (co-ed). Our fastest rider averaged 52 minute laps. The number of riders on the team combined with the long course made for a nice break between rides. Last year as part of a 4 person team and on a shorter (7.8 mile) course, I rode 6 laps.
The top rider on a Pro team rode a 36.xx minute lap :-o :-o . I swear that guy was going uphill faster than I was going down.
BTW, I've decided the solo riders are nuts. I have NO idea how they do it.:-o :-o :beer:

SKIQUATTRO

18 at lunch yesterday and 16 at lunch on Tuesday (was on vacation Monday) looking at another 15-20 today at lunch and tomorrow..will try to fit in a 50 Sat morning