• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Got the road bike out again, nice to have the new wheels :) Well, today after work it was only 10.1 miles @ 14.5 mph, but hit some really steep hills so it was a good workout. Thought my biking season was pretty much over, but seems to keep on ticking :) The weather has been really good, just sucks that the days are getting so short. On the bright side, as the day gets shorter, ski season gets closer :)

Maybe I'll get the roller blades out Saturday, only did that once this year.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
A nice hilly 12 miles today at the Palisade Interstate Park:

normal_P9240045.JPG

The George Washington Bridge:

normal_P9240056.JPG

normal_P9240031.JPG

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I keep forgetting to post to this damn thread- I've been riding sporadically...

Let me rephrase- I have not been riding on a rigid schedule, but I've been out once or twice a week. Came down with a nasty cold after Labor day which killed nearly 2 1/2 weeks of gorgeous fall cycling. Pissed about that but what can you do.

I've been averaging around 30 mile rides, no clue how fast though. Does feel good to get out in this weather though.

SKIQUATTRO

14.6 lunch time ride....good luck to my buddy and the anyone else doing the Montauk Half Ironman on Sunday!

cbcbd

Got a 24 mi ride @17.8mph yesterday before the sun went down (well, not quite). Hadn't been out in a couple weeks, it kicked my butt.

SKIQUATTRO

thats a good average for 24 mi....nice job......

have Blackberry will travel I say!!!!

cbcbd

thats a good average for 24 mi....nice job......

have Blackberry will travel I say!!!!
Thanks! I thought it was good too and was surprised. I was motivated after a friend of mine was telling me he did 18.8mph over 44 miles recently. It's amazing how much more effort is needed to go just .5mph faster.

Just to show how yesterday kicked my butt - today I did 18mi @17.4mph... just couldn't get up those hills without getting off the seat.

Man, keep those Crackberries away from me :D

SKIQUATTRO

10.5 at 15.2 avg...windy, hilly lunchtime ride....beautiful fall day...64 and sunny here on LI

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Did 30 miles Tuesday, 15 last Saturday, a few rides the week before that.

Hopefully will get out this afternoon too.

Won't be long before I'm gonna need to start looking at fluid trainers...

Charlie Schuessler

The road bike is hanging up and the MTB is fitup with lighting. Tonights 11.5 miles of trails and dirt roads finishing in the dark in warm weather was delightful...

SKIQUATTRO

10.2 road miles from work home last night....just made it before there was no more daylight!

9.6 home to work this morning...great fall morning for a ride!

I have to charge my mtn bike lights for night riding.....might start tomorrow night