• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Let's see....haven't checked in in a while....After 2 rides on Monday (1- mtn in a.m. and road in p.m.) I Got out on wed morning before work in the woods and also fri a.m. when it was1 at the start. Did 50 miles on road on sat. at about 16 mph and then in the woods yesterday for 75 mins. Plan on going in the woods tomorrow a.m. before work.

marcski

Got out again for about 60-75 mins for an early morning ride in the woods before voting and then off to work. It's nice that the weather was great for riding, 41degrees at the start, but I'd rather put an extra layer on to bike and get some more snow up in the hills!!!

SKIQUATTRO

nice rides, you get a light yet?? I've been on vacation and works been nuts since i got back, hoping to get some riding in later this week/weekend

cbcbd

66 miles today with a buddy around Simsbury, CT - Case mtn, Talcott mtn and area - beaultiful!!!!

marcski

I am jonesin' for a ride today...this ncp sucks. Definitely going to head in the woods for a ride before work tomorrow and then I'm negotiating with the wife for a 3-4 hour block of time for saturday morning, so I can do a nice road ride. That's the hardest thing for me these days, is to get the time..between work, the wife and the kids....I'm jealous of those older retired guys that get 5,000 miles plus.

I was riding with a guy this past weekend, that has done about 60 century rides this year and did 73 last year. How does that sound?

SKIQUATTRO

thats some serious riding...i am planning on a early am Satruday ride as well, love getting up, riding and getting back before anyone is even awake (can do that in the summer), but i'll get 2-3hrs in on Saturday, wife has no issue with that, then sailing the hobie for one last time on sunday before i pull her off the beach for the winter...

SKIQUATTRO

2mile treadmill run at 7.0, quick lite weight circut workout, them 15 min on the bike....

bruno

and then I'm negotiating with the wife for a 3-4 hour block of time for saturday morning, so I can do a nice road ride.

i read somewhere that more cyclists than you'd think would give up their wives/husbands/girlfriends/boyfriends before they'd give up cycling. i certainly would. i know that says a lot about me. probably not good. but true. in a heartbeat.

but duder, don't "negotiate" on this one. dictate. tell her you're a better man after a good ride.:flame: :uzi: :roll: 8) :razz: :daffy: :flag: :snow: :-D

bruno

Shhh, don't tell the wife. But meanwhile....the negotiations continue for tomorrow morning..

Got home early yesterday from work was able to get in a 25 mile road ride on some nice hilly terrain at a 16.3 clip.

way to go duder! but you really need to have a sitdown with the mrs. and straighten her out about your cyclin'. tell her "it's my way or the highway". a little come-to-jesus meetin' to get her head right about bikes and all they entail!:-o :razz: :beer: :daffy: :spread: :smile:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
not anymore thank the lord above. an oldie but a goodie:

ya know why divorces are so expensive? cuz they're worth it!:beer: :beer: :razz: :p

Not only is he not married, he's got a girlfriend that lives 200 miles away! If that was my case, I'd be getting in the same miles he does!