• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
bvibert said:
Man, you guys are making my 5-6 mile after work MTB rides feel like chump change!

Depending on elevation and trail technicality and all that, I'd say a 10 miles trail ride is equivalent to a 30 mile road ride.

If it makes you feel any better :)

skibum1321

I'm always feel like I'm working harder when I'm mountain biking than road biking. I sweat more and just feel more beat up. I'm also usually riding some single track and not flying down double track.

bvibert

Staff member
I know it's apples and oranges, and I know I'm getting a decent ride in by how I feel at the end. Thanks for the words of encouragment though! :beer:

All of my rides around here are at a wildlife preserve kind of a place that only allows bikes on their double track/fire road types of trails. I'm ussually hauling pretty good, except for the uphills. :eek: ;)

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
bvibert said:
I know it's apples and oranges, and I know I'm getting a decent ride in by how I feel at the end. Thanks for the words of encouragment though! :beer:

All of my rides around here are at a wildlife preserve kind of a place that only allows bikes on their double track/fire road types of trails. I'm ussually hauling pretty good, except for the uphills. :eek: ;)

Remember what Marco Pantani said about cycling- "It never gets any easier, you just get faster."

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
OK, got my monies worth out of this thread today. Got up for work at 4, started at 5:30 (server upgrades) and was a hectic day til 3:30. normally I work 9-6. When I work a shift like this, I'll usually get home and be all tired and just take a nap. That probably would have happened today, but it didn't. I read this thread and few people wrote about their rides and that gave me to incentive to get out after work. 20.5 miles @ 16.4 mph with 87 deg. and winds. Not great, but my workouts are getting better and longer. Main thing, i'm starting to get more comfortable in the saddle. If the weather holds up, I hope to get in a 40-50 mile ride this weekend.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Nate and I went riding again today...

28.6 miles at an average speed of 18.4 mph. We pushed pretty hard. He's the stronger rider so he probably pulled a little more than me, but it was pretty close to even, which made me happy.

Not bad the day after a 55 mile torture test through the unrelenting hills of the western Shetucket watershed.

skibum1321

Marc said:
He's saying time it took.

I did the CRW fitness ride last night, which starts in Concord, MA. I went with a group doing the long ride (34 miles). It was a fairly flat ride with a few decent climbs. We averaged 21.5 mph which is well above my norm. It was great to ride with a group that pushed me like that, but I don't think I could have held on too much longer.

bruno

23 mile commute r/t yesterday then 17 miles of just ridin' around in town (boston/cambridge/somerville)

at work now. 11.5 miles commute.

keep on yer bikes fellers!!:snow: :flag: :p :smile: :-D :lol:

Charlie Schuessler

skibum1321 said:
He's saying time it took.

I did the CRW fitness ride last night, which starts in Concord, MA. I went with a group doing the long ride (34 miles). It was a fairly flat ride with a few decent climbs. We averaged 21.5 mph which is well above my norm. It was great to ride with a group that pushed me like that, but I don't think I could have held on too much longer.
Good going! I like group rides to draft and go fast...rotating thru a paceline takes concentration...it is worth every ounce of energy to "Hang-On" in the hilly sections...

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
bruno said:
23 mile commute r/t yesterday then 17 miles of just ridin' around in town (boston/cambridge/somerville)

at work now. 11.5 miles commute.

keep on yer bikes fellers!! :flag:

:flame: :D :p ;) :spread: :razz: :flag: :snow::smash:

Cool, oh and I learned something today, yo are only allowed 10 images per post!

ga2ski

every day this week i did 3 miles in about 5 minutes. Unfortunately my bike was hanging in the garage.

You guys are making me jealous. Hopefually i get some time to get out this weekend if it doesn't rain the whole time. My odometer/speedometer is broken, so my miles will be a guess. Also i'll be much slow as I'l be riding semitechnical singletrack.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
ga2ski said:
every day this week i did 3 miles in about 5 minutes. Unfortunately my bike was hanging in the garage.

You guys are making me jealous. Hopefually i get some time to get out this weekend if it doesn't rain the whole time. My odometer/speedometer is broken, so my miles will be a guess. Also i'll be much slow as I'l be riding semitechnical singletrack.

For the summer you should change your screen name to ga2bike :) Yeah, I'm hoping to get a longer ride in this weekend, but same as you, hope it doesn't rain! :(

bruno

Marc said:
That's about 9 images per post too many...

:dunce:

au contraire mon frere! how's come they limit a brotha to just 10 thingys? lame.:angry:

anyway, only 23 miles yesterday cause all i did was the commute. it's rainin' here in beantown right now. i rode to work (where i am now) in the rain. i don't mind though cause i have fenders on my dedicated rain bike. i'll prolly take a circuitous route home this afternoon. it's kinda fun sometimes to ride in thunderstorms!!!:snow: :flag: :-D :blink: :flame:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I hate riding in the rain, as a result I'm on my way out the door and going to the spa. At least get some time in on the exercise bikes. And I was hoping for a 40-50 miler this weekend, would have been the first ride of this distance in quite a few years :( Well guess there's always next weekend..

bruno

andyzee said:
I hate riding in the rain, as a result I'm on my way out the door and going to the spa. At least get some time in on the exercise bikes. And I was hoping for a 40-50 miler this weekend, would have been the first ride of this distance in quite a few years :( Well guess there's always next weekend..

the spa?!! c'mon man! rain ain't gonna hurt ya. lance rides in the rain. slap some fenders on and yer good to go!!!

fergit the spa? (is that the same as a "gym"?):flame: :wink: :-o :cool: :snow: :spread: :flag: