Bike Log - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike Log

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert
    Man, you guys are making my 5-6 mile after work MTB rides feel like chump change!
    duder! yer a champ anyway cuz yer ridin' a bike!!!!

Man, you guys are making my 5-6 mile after work MTB rides feel like chump change!
    Depending on elevation and trail technicality and all that, I'd say a 10 miles trail ride is equivalent to a 30 mile road ride.

If it makes you feel any better
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

I'm always feel like I'm working harder when I'm mountain biking than road biking. I sweat more and just feel more beat up. I'm also usually riding some single track and not flying down double track.
    Fear should be treated like fire - it's a good thing that can keep you warm but it can also burn down the house

I know it's apples and oranges, and I know I'm getting a decent ride in by how I feel at the end. Thanks for the words of encouragment though!

All of my rides around here are at a wildlife preserve kind of a place that only allows bikes on their double track/fire road types of trails. I'm ussually hauling pretty good, except for the uphills.
    Brian

I know it's apples and oranges, and I know I'm getting a decent ride in by how I feel at the end. Thanks for the words of encouragment though!

All of my rides around here are at a wildlife preserve kind of a place that only allows bikes on their double track/fire road types of trails. I'm ussually hauling pretty good, except for the uphills.
    Remember what Marco Pantani said about cycling- "It never gets any easier, you just get faster."

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    Remember what Marco Pantani said about cycling- "It never gets any easier, you just get faster."
    I like and that b the truth!

OK, got my monies worth out of this thread today. Got up for work at 4, started at 5:30 (server upgrades) and was a hectic day til 3:30. normally I work 9-6. When I work a shift like this, I'll usually get home and be all tired and just take a nap. That probably would have happened today, but it didn't. I read this thread and few people wrote about their rides and that gave me to incentive to get out after work. 20.5 miles @ 16.4 mph with 87 deg. and winds. Not great, but my workouts are getting better and longer. Main thing, i'm starting to get more comfortable in the saddle. If the weather holds up, I hope to get in a 40-50 mile ride this weekend.

Nate and I went riding again today...

28.6 miles at an average speed of 18.4 mph. We pushed pretty hard. He's the stronger rider so he probably pulled a little more than me, but it was pretty close to even, which made me happy.

Not bad the day after a 55 mile torture test through the unrelenting hills of the western Shetucket watershed.

Local climbing loops tonight 67:51; 18.9-miles; 16.7-MPH...78F sunshine with puffy clouds and no wind...
    Half of what I say is meaningless, but I say it so that the other half may reach you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Schuessler
    Local climbing loops tonight 67:51; 18.9-miles; 16.7-MPH...78F sunshine with puffy clouds and no wind...
    67:51?

Thread Information