Bike Log - Page 55

AlpineZone

Page 55 of 116 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike Log

I got out for a nice long MTB ride on Sunday morning. I was out for a bit over 2 hours. Unfortunately the trails are still pretty wet and soft in spots at my local haunt. It was chilly in the morning but I managed to get the blood flowing pretty quick and had a really good time. It was my first time riding clipless and I didn't fall or anything so that was good too

Brian

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Another nice day on the bike in the woods this morning before work. Was in there for 70 minutes non-stop. Still riding my buddy's back up hardtail as my rear shock is being rebuilt and factory tuned by PUSH. Should have it back tomorrow. I'm psyched to get back up on the charriott.

1st time out this year......man I really wish I was skiing but....mtn biking is the 2nd biggest adrenalin rush for me....did a 6 mile loop up meriden mtn....first mile straight uphill...then mellows into some nice singletrack and rock gardens...lotsa fallen tress over the winter that made some nice hop overs...really cool ride though...I love it in the summer...when your done riding ya can take a swim in the reservoir .....

steve

Went for a 1h30m ride in Mianus today... sweet stuff, found some new jumps, did some old onone with more confidence... hit all my good lines and did most of the good stuff!!

Very good ride, made my day much better.
    Sign, sign everywhere a sign... pointing out the trails, can\'t make up my mind.

went for a 2 hour ride in Rye, NY (well through harrison and port chester too). Def some very nice rides in the area. I am excited to get up to Vassar and Westpoint tomorrow for some nice rides
    I'm at home and at ease on a track that I know not,
    And restless and lost on a road that I know.
    --Henry Lawson

Go big Goblin....I ride out in that area and then further up north and west. Good riding up in the West Point area too. Hilly.

Got out today for about 10 minutes before I destroyed the rear derailleur on my buddy's backup bike. It had been shifting pretty bad the last few days anyway. C'est la vie.

More importantly, my rear shock should be at home when I get there tonight from PUSH, after getting it factory tuned and rebuilt!

Evening Update:

Was able to cut out of the office a bit early and got home and still no Shock..but then, as I was changing....the FedEx truck pulls in. Got out for 90 minutes of sweet riding in awesome weather...Wow, felt so nice. Like a plush hardtail. So tight and firm when pedaling yet so plush when needed....I do think it feels better than it did new from Fox.
    Last edited by marcski; May 9, 2007 at 8:24 PM. Reason: Evening update! :)

Smile

rode the 5 boro ride on sunday. man o man, did i have me some fun!!! did it on my fixed gear commuter. man o man, was it fun!! i'm definitely doin' it again next year!! great weather and though slow goin' up 6th ave, after central park it was go man go!!! it took me right at 3 hours to do the 40 or so miles.

good times!!!!!!!!!!!
    ". . .a striped jersey under his jacket; bared calves (outside the bicycle track); cap pushed back; feet in a false position on the pedals; a barking horn, a disorderly appearance, an always-dry tongue, and a definite fondness for wine merchants. . ."

Quote Originally Posted by bruno View Post
    rode the 5 boro ride on sunday. man o man, did i have me some fun!!! did it on my fixed gear commuter. man o man, was it fun!! i'm definitely doin' it again next year!! great weather and though slow goin' up 6th ave, after central park it was go man go!!! it took me right at 3 hours to do the 40 or so miles.

good times!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, I missed that... but a co-worker of mine did it and had a blast... well, he always does.
    Sign, sign everywhere a sign... pointing out the trails, can\'t make up my mind.

Got out for about an hour this morning before work in the local woods. Had rained during the night so ground was a bit wet..but stopped when we headed out. Started up again a bit, but now with the leaves out in full bloom..there is a great canopy out there..kept us and the trails pretty dry.

yep, leaves are all out and woods are all green!!

Went out on the MTB tonight for 1h30m - good stuff

Thread Information