Bike Log - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 116 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike Log

I went for a quick 17.5 mile ride around my house yesterday. It isn't the best area for riding as there aren't tons of long open roads to fly down. I had to stop quite a bit, which put my avg speed down to 17 mph.

Fear should be treated like fire - it's a good thing that can keep you warm but it can also burn down the house

I'll be out today for probably 20 miles but I have a dinner to go to at my parents' at six, so no long rides today. Maybe a long ride tomorrow, weather depending. Def. one Thursday, and hopefully Friday, a mountain ride Saturday, and maybe another long ride Sunday.

Andy, I'm glad I could help.

I'll think of you too, when I'm trying to increase my average speeds... "If that broken down old man can ride 17 mph, so can I..."

Although, despite your age, you have an unfair advantage being Polish. Tough old birds just get stronger with age. My 90 year old 100% Polish grandfather still walks 5-6 miles at the track a day, and my 101 year old Polish great aunt still mows her lawn with a pushmower and makes dinner for her 79 year old son.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    Andy, I'm glad I could help.

I'll think of you too, when I'm trying to increase my average speeds... "If that broken down old man can ride 17 mph, so can I..."
    Smart Ass! But that's what I was hoping for with this thread

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jplynch019
    Andy,

Everyday 40 Miles (round trip commute to work)
    avg speed 20 MPH to work,
    avg speed 24 MPH on the way home
    dude! yer a freakin' animal!

26 mile solo ride at 18 mph.

I'm confident I could've been faster if not for the wind. All though as my old man says, excuses are like a-holes....

The miles have def. kicked me back into shape. Now, unfortunately, is about when I should start to see the gains slow down, however.

As a caveat to the 18 mph... that's an estimate knowing how far I rode and how long it took me. I only have accurate averages when I ride with Nate, my cycling buddy and cyclocomputer monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    As a caveat to the 18 mph... that's an estimate knowing how far I rode and how long it took me. I only have accurate averages when I ride with Nate, my cycling buddy and cyclocomputer monkey.
    Buy yourself a computer you cheap bastid!! Good ride, looks like your improving.

Got in 14 @ 16.4 mph this morning.

Andy,

Road Bike. Specialized Allez Elite Triple ( 2004 ). Shimano 105.

jplynch019

Marc. I'm without a cyclocomputer too. But my commute is exactly 20 miles, so the math gets really easy. 1 hr = well, you get it. Shortest time home was 50 minutes. Wind at my back, temp around 60 traffic very light, hit mostly greens. A friend of mine also has all the computers and heart rate monitors, etc. If I'm not seeing stars or looking down the tunnel, I figure I'm good to go!

Hey, I'm 48! You can get back into top form as long as you haven't had any serious injuries or crashes. Proper diet and re-fueling is everything.

Thread Information