• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log

bruno

cbcbd said:
Road bike out of commission for a while...

Put my new derailleur hanger on the mtb and went for 1hr ride in Mianus yesterday. It had been over a month of waiting for the stupid hanger, I missed my ride!

ya gotta have more'n one bike duder!!!!!:snow: :flag: :grin: :grin: :-D

cbcbd

andyzee said:
Details dude, details :)
haha, ok... on the road or the mtb?
The road has two broken spokes on the back. Probably caused from the bumpy-ass ride down Mnt Greylock this past weekend. I'll have to order some spokes and then will try to get the thing working again - it will probably be a month :(
The mtb ride was chill, just tooling around on some easy trails and trying to get used to the balance of the bike (practicing some wheelies on it).... just really missed being on it on the trails and the grabbiness of my disk brakes scared the hell out of me... completely forgot how good they were after so much time on the road.

bruno said:
ya gotta have more'n one bike duder!!!!!:snow: :flag: :grin: :grin: :-D
Pipe down, I got one on order ;)

But man, the day after I broke my road bike's spokes and my mtb was still without the hanger I was freaking out knowing I had no bike. The next day I went into work and swapped the hanger from another bike sitting in the basement and put it on mine, I just couldn't be without a ride!!

bruno

53 miles yesterday including commute.

am fixin' to get me an indy fab titanium road bike made right here in somerville. with gears! will gears make me less tough?!?!?:-o :oops: :beer: :spread: :flag: :snow:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
bruno said:
53 miles yesterday including commute.

am fixin' to get me an indy fab titanium road bike made right here in somerville. with gears! will gears make me less tough?!?!?:-o :oops: :beer: :spread: :flag: :snow:

Gears will turn you into a wussey, substitute the "w" with whatever you find appropriate. :lol:

No ride for me yesterday or today. Road bike is still in the shop and the hybrid just aint the same.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
OUCH!!!! The shifter cable on my road bike snapped and since I've been experiencing other problems with shifting I decided to take it into the shop. Got a call today, the shifter isn't racheting as it should and needs to be replaced, $180. The problem that shifter is for a 9 speed, I have 8, so need to change the cassette, $90. That will get me going, but, now the right shifter doesn't match the left shifter, $120. Throw in labor, tax, we're talking about $450-$470

bruno

andyzee said:
OUCH!!!! The shifter cable on my road bike snapped and since I've been experiencing other problems with shifting I decided to take it into the shop. Got a call today, the shifter isn't racheting as it should and needs to be replaced, $180. The problem that shifter is for a 9 speed, I have 8, so need to change the cassette, $90. That will get me going, but, now the right shifter doesn't match the left shifter, $120. Throw in labor, tax, we're talking about $450-$470

WHOA!!!! duder!! andy!! get that book on bike repair by lennard zinn and save some dough!:spin: :flag: :spread:

38 miles yesterday. i was lazy and it was hot. but i did manage to sip a few IPA's!!:beer: :beer: :beer: :daffy:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
bruno said:
WHOA!!!! duder!! andy!! get that book on bike repair by lennard zinn and save some dough!:spin: :flag: :spread:

38 miles yesterday. i was lazy and it was hot. but i did manage to sip a few IPA's!!:beer: :beer: :beer: :daffy:

We're talking Shimano Ultegra component, either way, it's going to be expensive. The bike is worth it though, a new one goes for $2700

bruno

andyzee said:
We're talking Shimano Ultegra component, either way, it's going to be expensive. The bike is worth it though, a new one goes for $2700

NICE!!:beer: :daffy: :spin: :razz:

i'm with ya! life is too short for cheap parts!!!:beer:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Today 16.2 miles @ a shamefull 12.2 mph avg. This was on my hybrid with wife and friends, one who thinks that we went 10 miles too far :x I miss my road bike :cry:

skibum1321

I did the 60 mile ride for Climb to the Clouds yesterday. I ended up averaging ~16.5 mph or so. There were some killer climbs in this one including Wachusett. I never really hooked onto a group for more than 10 miles so most of the riding was alone with no paceline to boost my average. I somehow missed Charlie at the mass start in all of the confusion.

bvibert

Staff member
I was happy to finally get back out on my MTB on Sunday, after rain ruined my plans during the week, for a 5 mile or so ride. :) It took me a little longer than usual due to a couple of stops to adjust my seat after bending the rails during a rapid dismount caused by my pedal hitting a rock while humming along a flat section after a downhill. :roll: I guess the seat wasn't meant to hold up my fat ass...

bruno

70.1 miles yesterday. in the morning before it got really hot i headed out from my crib in somerville through arlington, lexington, lincoln, concord, carlisle and back for 50 or so miles. then some afternoon, early evening ridin' around boston and the waterfront lookin' at tourists (one of my favorite things to do--sometimes ya see a cute one or two!! but man oh man are there some fat americans out there--jeez!! and eatin all sorts o' crap right out in the open!!:-o this sounds harsh, but if i was fat i would never eat in public:idea: ).

and i have to say that the waterfountain in concord is the JAM. the one in lexington never really gets cold enough.

these rides were all on fixed gear. i'm goin' tomorrow to wheelworks to order a geared bike so i can hang wif you cats!!:beer: :beer: :daffy: :dunce: :spread: :smile: :flag: :grin:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Sorry to say, no riding for me this week. Coordinating a disaster recovery test for my company out of state Wednesday-Friday and I'm still in the planning stage :( Gonna be a busy week.

jplynch019

Tuesday is 2 - flat day!

40 mile standard RT commute. Finished lunch when a co-worker stopped by, squeezed my back tire and said "Dude, your tire's flat". Patched that one at work, rode 4 miles to start the commute home, and then I flatted again. It blew out while I was going pretty fast. Changed that tube completely and finished the ride home. All in the wonderful 97 degree heat. Tested the flat tube when I got home and found out my patch held, it was a leak up by the valve stem. I must of moved it too much when pumping it up with the hand pump.

Just another day on the commute. A few more of these and I'm ready for flat duty on le Tour!