• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log

bruno

:x :blink: :smash:
jplynch019 said:
40 mile standard RT commute. Finished lunch when a co-worker stopped by, squeezed my back tire and said "Dude, your tire's flat". Patched that one at work, rode 4 miles to start the commute home, and then I flatted again. It blew out while I was going pretty fast. Changed that tube completely and finished the ride home. All in the wonderful 97 degree heat. Tested the flat tube when I got home and found out my patch held, it was a leak up by the valve stem. I must of moved it too much when pumping it up with the hand pump.

Just another day on the commute. A few more of these and I'm ready for flat duty on le Tour!

40 mile r/t commute!! yer a hero man!!! too bad about the flats and all.:spread: :smile: :flag:

i had my day cut a little short yesterday as after work i was doin' some more ridin' and crashed bigtime. broke my glasses, face is torn up, helmet crushed, big patch of skin on my left shoulder gone, fingers and the backs of my hands all cut up and bloody. (it's out on trapelo road in belmont!!).

went over the handlebars at around 15-20 mph. was feathering the brakes to slow down and must have hit one of those real little pipe cover things. wasn't an emergency stop, just a firm slowin' down as there was a traffic light ahead. pretty big hill though so i was goin' about 28 to 30 mph when i started to brake--then BAM! i'm on the road. bike's ok though--just a little scrape on the brake hood.

my boss came and got me in his truck and took me home. but we stopped at the liquor store and he bought me some beer. so i drank the whole six pack of harpoon ipa and went to bed.:beer:

i'm goin' to the emergency room later this morning to get looked at. my neck hurts.:angry:

for the record though, i got in 34 miles including commute before the crash.

bvibert

Staff member
Sorry to hear about the crash Bruno, hope you're alright!

I went for a nice MTB ride after work yesterday for a little over an hour, maybe 5 miles or so. The damn bugs were killer in the woods though! :angry:

Charlie Schuessler

bruno said:
...had my day cut a little short yesterday as after work i was doin' some more ridin' and crashed bigtime. broke my glasses, face is torn up, helmet crushed, big patch of skin on my left shoulder gone, fingers and the backs of my hands all cut up and bloody...went over the handlebars at around 15-20 mph. was feathering the brakes to slow down and must have hit one of those real little pipe cover things. wasn't an emergency stop, just a firm slowin' down as there was a traffic light ahead. pretty big hill though so i was goin' about 28 to 30 mph when i started to brake--then BAM! i'm on the road. bike's ok though--just a little scrape on the brake hood...my boss came and got me in his truck and took me home. but we stopped at the liquor store and he bought me some beer. so i drank the whole six pack of harpoon ipa and went to bed.:beer:..i'm goin' to the emergency room later this morning to get looked at. my neck hurts..
So did you hurt your neck in the crash or over-exherting it tilting back those IPA's?

cbcbd

Damn, that sucks, I hate road rash.

...crushed helmet -> better than crushed head

bruno

thanks dudes! went to da hospital and they did all these x-rays on my neck and back--one where i had to open my mouth real wide so they could see some neck bones or somethin!:-o anyway, they looked at 'em and said they were allright and i can ride again! oh yeah, it's been awhile since i had x-rays done and i'd forgotten about the lead blanket they put over your cods!! yikes! don't wanna mess with your boys fo' sho'! i was pressin' that lead blanket tight over my 'nads!!8)

anyway though--0 miles yesterday. which is so beyond depressing i can't even tell ya. i don't remember the last time that happened. i'm goin' out today come hell or high water though. just easy for my mental health.:cry: :cry:

keep on ridin' fellers!!!:spin: :daffy: :beer: :) :-D :flag:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Bruno, good news, good attitude, you the man!

Me, no riding all week, bike is in the shop, I'm finishing up a disaster recovery test for my company. The test has kept me real busy the last 3 days, getting the bike back today or tomorrow, so looking forward to a nice ride.

bruno

test ride yesterday betwixt thunderstorms. only 5 miles but i'm back ridin'!!

rode the usual commute to work this morning--11 miles. only thing was i had to wear my bag thrown over the right shoulder since my left has no skin on it. it felt weird, but great to be back on da bike!!!!

my face still looks like i used it for the brake though!! but the black eye and swellin' are goin' down!!:daffy: :razz: :spin: :flag: :grin: :smile: :beer:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
bruno said:
test ride yesterday betwixt thunderstorms. only 5 miles but i'm back ridin'!!

rode the usual commute to work this morning--11 miles. only thing was i had to wear my bag thrown over the right shoulder since my left has no skin on it. it felt weird, but great to be back on da bike!!!!

my face still looks like i used it for the brake though!! but the black eye and swellin' are goin' down!!:daffy: :razz: :spin: :flag: :grin: :smile: :beer:

Worthless without pics :lol: , glad to hear that you're back in the saddle.

Know the feeling after two weeks, got my road bike back yesterday. Haven't ridden anything in a week due to work, and haven't ridden the road bike in two weeks, what a difference two weeks off does to my conditioning :( . Although I didn't feel 100%, my ride wasn't too bad today, 16.4 miles @ 16.8 mph, the fact that there was no wind helped.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
andyzee said:
Worthless without pics :lol: , glad to hear that you're back in the saddle.

Know the feeling after two weeks, got my road bike back yesterday. Haven't ridden anything in a week due to work, and haven't ridden the road bike in two weeks, what a difference two weeks off does to my conditioning :( . Although I didn't feel 100%, my ride wasn't too bad today, 16.4 miles @ 16.8 mph, the fact that there was no wind helped.

I find, besides just being out of routine, two weeks I'm still relatively on form. After two weeks is when I start to begin my slide.

I haven't been riding much in two weeks because of the boat, but mostly the weather.

Here's to better riding in the beginning of August then the end of July. I don't mind heat, but the humidity and threatening thundershowers just suck my energy and motivation.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Marc said:
Here's to better riding in the beginning of August then the end of July. I don't mind heat, but the humidity and threatening thundershowers just suck my energy and motivation.

True true, also, in my case, the days getting shorter don't help.

jplynch019

Yeah, just can't help it. Don't want any cash going to Big oil either. Somehow me helping them line their pockets doesn't do it for me. Politics aside, it helped me lose a lot of weight and get back into shape. Bonuses all way around!

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
jplynch019 said:
Yeah, just can't help it. Don't want any cash going to Big oil either. Somehow me helping them line their pockets doesn't do it for me. Politics aside, it helped me lose a lot of weight and get back into shape. Bonuses all way around!

I'm just jealous and wish I could join you, used to do it too. Now, my line of work just doesn't allow for it. :(

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
For some reason I could see that :) :

Marc said:
I personally enjoy lining the pockets of big oil.

I litter while I drive too.

Well,

One, or two margeritas too many last night and I woke up lazy this morning. Didn't get started right away, figured I'd go for a ride after breakfast, nope. Watched the end of the Tour de France and said, gotta practice for next year! :) Not sure if it's the conditions yesterday and today or the new components on my bike or both, but I've been doing a bit better in terms of speed. Today I did the same trip as yesterday, 16.4 miles, but at a faster 17.5 mph.

bvibert

Staff member
andyzee said:
One, or two margeritas too many last night and I woke up lazy this morning. Didn't get started right away, figured I'd go for a ride after breakfast, nope. Watched the end of the Tour de France and said, gotta practice for next year! :) Not sure if it's the conditions yesterday and today or the new components on my bike or both, but I've been doing a bit better in terms of speed. Today I did the same trip as yesterday, 16.4 miles, but at a faster 17.5 mph.
The margeritas must have made the difference, just like Landis and his beer the night before stage 17. ;)