• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log

bvibert

Staff member
I got out for a nice long MTB ride on Sunday morning. I was out for a bit over 2 hours. Unfortunately the trails are still pretty wet and soft in spots at my local haunt. :( It was chilly in the morning but I managed to get the blood flowing pretty quick and had a really good time. It was my first time riding clipless and I didn't fall or anything so that was good too ;)

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Another nice day on the bike in the woods this morning before work. Was in there for 70 minutes non-stop. Still riding my buddy's back up hardtail as my rear shock is being rebuilt and factory tuned by PUSH. Should have it back tomorrow. I'm psyched to get back up on the charriott.

powhunter

1st time out this year......man I really wish I was skiing but....mtn biking is the 2nd biggest adrenalin rush for me....did a 6 mile loop up meriden mtn....first mile straight uphill...then mellows into some nice singletrack and rock gardens...lotsa fallen tress over the winter that made some nice hop overs...really cool ride though...I love it in the summer...when your done riding ya can take a swim in the reservoir .....

steve

cbcbd

Went for a 1h30m ride in Mianus today... sweet stuff, found some new jumps, did some old onone with more confidence... hit all my good lines and did most of the good stuff!!

Very good ride, made my day much better.

Goblin84

went for a 2 hour ride in Rye, NY (well through harrison and port chester too). Def some very nice rides in the area. I am excited to get up to Vassar and Westpoint tomorrow for some nice rides

marcski

Go big Goblin....I ride out in that area and then further up north and west. Good riding up in the West Point area too. Hilly. :)

Got out today for about 10 minutes before I destroyed the rear derailleur on my buddy's backup bike. It had been shifting pretty bad the last few days anyway. C'est la vie.

More importantly, my rear shock should be at home when I get there tonight from PUSH, after getting it factory tuned and rebuilt!

Evening Update:

Was able to cut out of the office a bit early and got home and still no Shock..but then, as I was changing....the FedEx truck pulls in. Got out for 90 minutes of sweet riding in awesome weather...Wow, felt so nice. Like a plush hardtail. So tight and firm when pedaling yet so plush when needed....I do think it feels better than it did new from Fox.

Last edited:

bruno

rode the 5 boro ride on sunday. man o man, did i have me some fun!!! did it on my fixed gear commuter. man o man, was it fun!! i'm definitely doin' it again next year!! great weather and though slow goin' up 6th ave, after central park it was go man go!!! it took me right at 3 hours to do the 40 or so miles.

good times!!!!!!!!!!!:snow: :flag: :lol: :-D :cool: :dunce: :beer: :daffy:

cbcbd

rode the 5 boro ride on sunday. man o man, did i have me some fun!!! did it on my fixed gear commuter. man o man, was it fun!! i'm definitely doin' it again next year!! great weather and though slow goin' up 6th ave, after central park it was go man go!!! it took me right at 3 hours to do the 40 or so miles.

good times!!!!!!!!!!!:snow: :flag: :lol: :-D :cool: :dunce: :beer: :daffy:
Yeah, I missed that... but a co-worker of mine did it and had a blast... well, he always does.

marcski

Got out for about an hour this morning before work in the local woods. Had rained during the night so ground was a bit wet..but stopped when we headed out. Started up again a bit, but now with the leaves out in full bloom..there is a great canopy out there..kept us and the trails pretty dry.

cbcbd

yep, leaves are all out and woods are all green!!

Went out on the MTB tonight for 1h30m - good stuff :D

Goblin84

22 in "upstate" NY just north of westpoint. I couldnt even tell you what towns I biked in, not good with names. Ride went well and felt very good. Shoulder still very sore so I am getting a bit worried :(

bvibert

Staff member
Went for a nice hour+ ride at the West Hartford Reservoir yesterday with my Dad. It was a little muddy in the usual spots, but not bad at all. VERY nice day to be outside in CT. :)

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I've been logging my miles in a spreadsheet this year. Hasn't been a terribly long season, but over the past 2.5 weeks I've done 312 miles at an average speed of 17 mph (all solo rides, but yeah, I'm slow.) )Average ride distance is only 35 miles. I need to get that waay up. To around 45 I think.

Oh yeah, and have logged a total elevation gain of 21,181 feet. Another nine thousand and I'll have biked Everest. Average elevation gain per mile is 67.2 feet this year. Most I've done in one ride this year was 4,000 feet. I feel like I could pretty easily do a 6,000 foot day.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
6000ft? want to try a fun little hill climb? try out the Mt Washington Hill Climb.

it's only 7.6 miles in length but has an average grade of 12% with extended sections of 18% and the last 50 yards is an amazing 22%

No, when I say a 6000 ft day, I mean, over about 60 miles, with some downhills thrown in there. I don't resemble a "natural climber" by any definition of the term. As a matter of fact, I downright suck at climbing. Even with a triple (I currently run a traditional 53/39 double) and a 12-27, I seriously doubt I could make it up Washington.

But of the people I hang out with and info I read, a 5000 foot day is at least respectable for training. So. Yeah.

cbcbd

Went out on the mtb for a ride today after the rains... perfect weather, not sloppy at all, no one on the trails except for me, the deer, and frogs.

Sticky shifter cable towards end of ride... ugh

bruno

regular ol' commute yesterday--23 miles. goin' home it started rainin' to beat da band!! i couldn't've been wetter when i got home!! good times though!!!!:snow::spread::flag::smile::lol::-D:smash:;-)

marcski

Got out this morning for 60 minutes of hard riding in the woods. The rain last night did the trail good.

I was also out there on Wednesday morning for an hour and a half and the trails were getting a bit dry.

I also got out there Tuesday morning at 7 before work.

That's the natural hattrick so far this week...tues, wed and thurs mornings all before working a full day.

Weather permitting i'm going for tomorrow as well.

bruno

i'm at "work". wet!:puke: maybe just commute today. no extra ridin' as it's a cold rain here in beantown. good times though anyway!!!! prolly 23 miles.:cool::spin::roll:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Took my first bike ride of the season! Put on the new saddle that I purchased on Steep and Cheap last season and rode the bike 6 blogs to try it out! :lol: It's a start, I still need to convince myself that winter is over.