• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log

SKIQUATTRO

great ride last night 830pm-930pm then a few pints afterwards.....was warm, muggy, felt great out there...love night riding in the woods!!

bvibert

Staff member
I started my last post like this, but since it was the same ride I'll post it again...

I FINALLY got out for a ride again yesterday in the woods. I was out for about 1 hour with a few more stops then I would have liked, but I'll take what I can get at this point!

bruno

regular ol' commutin' (23 mile r/t) the past 2 rainy kinda muggy days on my rain fixed gear after some real good rides on my ti geared road whip. that's ok, it's nice and warm and the next few days are gonna be sunny and PERFECT!!!!!!!!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!:dunce::daffy::beer::spread::snow::flag::lol:8):)

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
After not riding since Wednesday in the woods, I got out and did the regular road ride today. Kind of breezy and that kept my avg down to 16.9. But I was once again riding in just shorts and a very light summer short sleeved jersey. What's up with that on Oct. 20?

Hopefully going to get out again tomorrow on the road.

bvibert

Staff member
Got out today for a ride in the woods again. Felt great, about 1:40 with a few small breaks.

bruno

just to keep it goin'--35 miles yesterday fixed commutin' and errands. t-shirt and arm warmers on 24 october!

on my geared road whip today!:daffy::beer::snow::):dunce::flag::-D

marcski

On Tuesday I saw the sunrise in the woods at a few minutes after 7. Did the usual hour ride.

Got out for about 45 minutes on Wednesday for a wet ride. Woods were wet but not raining when I started and then the rains came down hard and i headed in after about 45 minutes.

Noiw, I Just got back from a 55 minute ride in the woods....took a header and I think I dislocated my small finger on the left hand. After I got myself up, I couldn't bend the finger and the top of it was at about a 45 degree angle from the rest of the finger. I pushed it back into place, heard a snap and now I can move it but its getting stiff. Can you say Ibuprofen and Ice?

cbcbd

Went for a quick 15mi road ride after leaving work last night - perfect weather with the long sleeve.

I couldn't bend the finger and the top of it was at about a 45 degree angle from the rest of the finger. I pushed it back into place, heard a snap and now I can move it but its getting stiff. Can you say Ibuprofen and Ice?
Whoooa... insane.

marcski

Went for a quick 15mi road ride after leaving work last night - perfect weather with the long sleeve.

Whoooa... insane.

Yeah, I was icing it all day while in the office at work...and in the car on the way to/from. It swelled up some and got black and blue, but I still have almost all of the range of motion. Considering what it looked like right after the fall, before I put it back into place, its feeling pretty good!

bruno

50 miles yesterday. long way home through needham, wellesley, weston, lincoln, waltham, lexington, arlington, cambridge, back to somerville.:beer::snow::flag: lot's of traffic for some reason.

rainy ride to work this morning!:blink:

marcski

Nice cool fall ride today. Did about 30 on the road. With this changing weather, its hard to gauge what clothes to wear. I was a bit warm today, but I always get my jerseys with full zips which help bigtime with ventilation. 16.9 avg. but not bad considering the wind was pretty strong.

My finger is a nice shade of purple but the swelling is going down a bit from friday's dislocation. Still icing and I'm keeping it moving.

cbcbd

Went mtb with a friend today at Vietnam, MA - what a cool place! We spent a the whole day there and explored a bit. Very cool!

marcski

Got out for a hill ride today in the woods. About an hour of ride time, 3 good hills, over 1000' of vert plus I did a bunch of single track in there. I'm so ready for ski season. Even put on about 4-5 lbs in the last month or so, I'd like to say its muscle weight....as I'm riding as fast as ever...and doing just as many (if not more) sit-ups, and other bodyweight exercises.

Last edited:

marcski

Short ride halloween (yesterday) morning. But its so dark in the a.m...man, I can't wait until sunday when we change the clocks..get an hour extra ride time in the a.m.

Was having some brake rub on the mtn rig. Needed new pads and I wore down my rotor a bit so I took advantage and upgraded to an aftermarket rotor....I forget the brand, same one I had put on the front tire last year..made a huge difference, thicker and stronger and have had no (keeping fingers crossed) brake rub issues at all since I put that one on last year.

Also had to get a new rear tire. Got another Kenda Nevegal Stickeee. The old one lasted a full year of hard riding.

bruno

55 miles total yesterday. errands and a 45 mile cruise out concord/carlisle/lincoln area. leaves were nice and weather was great!!!!!!:daffy::beer::spread::snow::):flag::dunce:

cbcbd

put on a new cassette and chain on the Mtb and did some lubing and cleaning of derailleurs, crank, etc... went for an hour long ride last night and the thing felt like new again - shifting is crisp now.

Next up... bleed brakes.