• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log

SKIQUATTRO

had a cold since Thurs, feeling better so i'm resuming training tonight....bricks are great workouts (bike then run)

bvibert

Staff member
I was in the garage the other day and took my bike out. I very quickly realized that I didn't oil the chain after my last ride (in the fall). :eek:

jplynch019

yeah, weather has generally been bad. Back on the trainer with Chris Carmichael on the iPod screaming at me "this isn't easy!" Perhaps we might have a dry summer this time around? Better check with Al Gore and see what the Global Warming forecast has in store for us.

SKIQUATTRO

about 20 afterwork tonight, feet and fingers frozen (had full gloves, no shoe covers) my computer wasnt working so its an educated guess know the route from prior rides, felt good to be back out on the road, avg HR 168 max 189.....

SKIQUATTRO

legs felt like they were either going to fall off or snap in half mid crank on some hills...

mlctvt

First ride of the season on Saturday. A very windy 24 mile ride at a slowwww 16.5MPH average. You know, I'm one of those "old guys who get fat in winter" :razz:

Last edited:

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
First road ride since October!!!

And it showed. Did the regular ride. 28 miles, 2000' of climbing. But at a very slow.. 15.3. And it whooped my butt. I was beat the rest of the day. That is a good 2.5 mph slower than I was in the early fall. Felt great though.

jplynch019

30 Sunday, 40 Monday, 40 Tuesday, 40 Wednesday, 40 Today ... Weather's nice, got to take advantage of it !

Last edited:

MonkeyBrook

Quattro, where do you ride out on LI. I am training for RI Half as well and spend alot of time on LI during the week for work...need to bring the bike down to get some training in....need some quiet roads...Nassau County seems to busy to ride...can you help?

SKIQUATTRO

I live in Locust Valley (North Shore) near Glen Cove/Oyster Bay...where are you usually at?? Let me know and i can narrow it down for you....best riding on LI is up by me, guys travel from all over LI to ride up here....hilly, quiet, beautiful scenery here on LI's Gold Coast!!!

MonkeyBrook

Perfect, that works great. I spend most of the time down in Rockville Center but I am in Great Neck / Manhassett as well...Glen Cove is not to far off. I read the book, "Gold Coast"...hopefully I do not run into any of those characters.

Can you name any specific roads that are good for road riding...I will check it out on a map.

mlctvt

Hilly training ride after work today. 24 miles 17.3 MPH av.