• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
bruno said:
dude that's still a good ride. just take a little more recovery time and this ride'll stand ya in good stead! you stressed your systems good which, of course after a good recovery, will make you stronger. great effort!!!! keep it up!!!:flag: :beer: :beer: :daffy: :p :grin:

Thanks for the good words Bruno, I know it'll only make me stronger, but damn, that ride kicked my butt today. My problem is that I still remember my old standards, where a ride like this was nothing, I would do it a few times a week. Ofcourse I was 15 years younger and 60 pounds lighter :)

jplynch019

Today's ride was short (about 10 miles only) but sweet. Not because of climbs, or sprints, but because my 17 year old son just got a new road bike today and "hot shot" thought he would show Dad a thing or two. He was a MTB guy up until today. Within 1000 yards of the house he throws the chain on a bad shift. And on the hills he was left in the dust. I believe his words before we left the house were "I'm gonna smoke ya!".

Uh huh!

Charlie Schuessler

Over three days the last week, my wife & I logged a total of Forty-three Mountain Bike miles on the Carriage Roads in Acadia National Park at about 8.5 MPH…rewarding ourselves with afternoon tea & popovers at the end of the rides at the Jordan Pond House…

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Charlie Schuessler said:
Over three days the last week, my wife & I logged a total of Forty-three Mountain Bike miles on the Carriage Roads in Acadia National Park at about 8.5 MPH…rewarding ourselves with afternoon tea & popovers at the end of the rides at the Jordan Pond House…

Always nice when you could enjoy some biking with your lady.:wink:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Here's a pic of my baby:

P7020003sm.jpg

jplynch019

Easy 17 on the 4th

Hot down here in CT on the 4th, so took it easy with a scenic 17 in the morning. My son continues to "learn" how to shift. What he lacks in technique he more than makes up for with raw energy and endurance. I'm sure he will be "smoking me" in a few weeks or so.

The standard 40 mile commutes on Monday and Today. :flag:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
jplynch019 said:
My son continues to "learn" how to shift. What he lacks in technique he more than makes up for with raw energy and endurance. I'm sure he will be "smoking me" in a few weeks or so.

Hehe, enjoy your victories while you can :) And I'm sure he'll treasure them for life.

Charlie Schuessler

29.47kM in 1:07:55, all small gear (39 x 12-21) climbing up and coasting down around our town, and it was a dry 77°F when I started at 6:25 pm...puurfect cycling conditions around here...

skibum1321

I went mountain biking at Lynn Woods yesterday and did some less technical, faster riding and then did some tech riding for about an hour. All in all, it was probably about 2.5 hours, but I have no idea on distance since I have no computer on the mtb.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Finally got over my stomach bug and went out riding yesterday... not sure on distance or speed.

Probably in the neighborhood of 25-30 miles.

bruno

just keepin' the log goin'!
54 yesterday--beautiful fall-like afternoon!!!
today looks even better. gonna take the LONG way home. hope to get in 60 or so. then pizza and beer!!!!!:spread: :snow: :flag: :smash: :-D :lol: :beer: :idea:

keep on pedalin' fellers!!!!:smile: :)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
bruno said:
just keepin' the log goin'!
54 yesterday--beautiful fall-like afternoon!!!
today looks even better. gonna take the LONG way home. hope to get in 60 or so. then pizza and beer!!!!!:spread: :snow: :flag: :smash: :-D :lol: :beer: :idea:

keep on pedalin' fellers!!!!:smile: :)

Great day for it, enjoy!