• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bretton Woods 13Jan11

Edd

19 inches and still snowing when we pulled into the lot. It skied more like 2 feet. Frequent chest shots and perhaps my first face shots. Snowed the entire day. Had some amazing first runs which deserved a helmet cam.

I was heading down something around Avalon and I started to shoot into the woods. I did not see the rope blocking the woods because it was buried in the snow. My skis went under it and down I go, but not before my skis also go under a log also buried in the snow. I was super stuck draped over a log with my ski under it (can't believe it didn't release) so I had to engage the binding with the other ski. Meanwhile, my buddy who was behind me was busy untangling his own ski from the rope.

We checked out the new glades off of 2 miles home. It's a surprising trek to get there, especially in the powder. I would almost consider skins cause the hike sucked. We encountered some snowboarders who were also pissed about the hike. We take the first trail out and it was incredibly short. My buddy was not impressed, so we made the most of it with a great run down the Inferno glade.

Run of the day was Roz. Absolutely amazing mounds of powder in there. Glade West was roped off so we ducked it (I know it's wrong) and it was kick ass with a bunch of killer snow whales after you exited it with gobs of powder on top. Awesome!

Last edited:

speden

Nice to see their trail count back up near 100% again.

Wonder what the rules are on a buried rope. Seems like that would mean a higher power has decided the trail is now open. :)