• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/21 Storm Discussion Thread

Glenn

I'd say 2-3" in my neck of the flatlands this AM. Mt Snow is reporting 4"...and a few more to fall into early afternoon.

Jisch

5-6" on the ground here in NE CT right now. Looks like a good weekend for BC in CT (maybe a trip to Thunderbolt!).

Glenn

2-3" down here in Putney. 4 inches sounds about right for upper elevations at Mt. Snow

Well, not much snow in the Brat area...but saves me a $15 plow bill. :lol:

We've had the driveway plowed more in January than we did the entire winter last year. Same goes for snowblower use in CT.

ERJ-145CA

I just finished shoveling the driveway, and it looks like 5" here in NW Jersey. The snow pile at the corner of my driveway is now taller than me. I'd say current snow depth in my yard is 12".

Last edited:

drjeff

Got about 5" of fluff at my office, and the sun is out now. Just about done with the work day - quick trip home to play with the snowblower for a few min and then off to see how much snow I'll get to shovel out of my front walk/back porch in VT this evening - as much as I love snow, all this clearing out of it is starting to get a bit tedious lately :rolleyes:

Greg

Staff member
3-4" here, 5+ at Sundown. The snow pack in my yard is still easily 20". Various layers of powder and breakable crust.

as much as I love snow, all this clearing out of it is starting to get a bit tedious lately :rolleyes:

I love everything about this month's snows, even clearing it.

Jisch

I don't like having to make a pathway to my oil tank so I can get oil - of course its fully across the front of my house, I started making the path today. The snow blower is having a tough time chewing through those layers.

John

wa-loaf

Just got done shoveling the drive. It's not to big but I hope the repair guy fixes the snowblower by the next storm. 7-8" here.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
i don't like the ice dam on my roof which has led to a leak in my basement, other than that its all good!

I had to resort to a snow shovel to keep a minor dam bay.

A few years ago, we had an ice dam that got so bad it poured buckets, and I mean dozens of gallons out of the window into the living room. We had to tear out the ceiling, re-vent and re insulate this 60 YO house. Not pretty.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I don't like having to make a pathway to my oil tank so I can get oil - of course its fully across the front of my house, I started making the path today. The snow blower is having a tough time chewing through those layers.

John

My oil guy won't come any more unless there is a path. So I made a path. Skinniest dam path you've ever seen!