• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Peter 1/17/2011

YardSaleDad

Website
www.tirnalong.com
Date(s) Skied: January 17, 2010

Resort or Ski Area: Mount Peter Ski Area

This was our first time to Mount Peter. For us it's a 40 minute drive on quiet country roads. We went for the 3 to 9PM session($25) . I ended up not skiing due to gear issues. At first the lift lines were 10-15 minutes, but the place was emptying out and by 6PM is was ski on to a single lift that was 30% full. The conditions were were packed powder with good coverage. My son spent an enjoyable 4 hours doing laps, and working on rails in the tiny terrain park. Speaking to a local, he said evenings were always this empty. We will be back, but for the $15 session from 5 to 9PM.

ERJ-145CA

I've always liked Mt. Peter, small place but friendly and they do a great job with the snow, even after the worst weather. I usually go there a few times a season, in fact the last few seasons I've been there on their opening and closing days. BTW on non-holiday Tuesdays they have $10 lift tickets if you show them that you are a member of a club, any club (it might just be day sessions but it doesn't hurt to ask). AAA works, I used my AOPA card.

Here is a picture from opening day 2009-2010 season:
Mt_Peter_opening_day_12-12-09_1_Desktop_Resolution_.jpg

4aprice

Just don't go there during a thaw. Their parking lot is the biggest mud hole I have ever seen. Had to use 4 wheel drive to get out the last time I was there. :-o

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ