• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/26 - 27 Storm Discussion Thread

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
northeast_loop.gif

WinnChill

I have tomorrow off, what mtn should I head toward for the most new snow? I'm coming from Boston and going north, I'm kinda thinking gunstock. WhAt do u guys think?

I wouldn't decide based upon this storm--most areas north of Boston won't get very much, although Crotched/Pats/Shawnee stand the best chance of "some" accumulation. Even then, you're only talking a few inches at best. With all resorts in good shape as it is, it just comes down to mountain preference on this one. Hope that helps.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I have tomorrow off, what mtn should I head toward for the most new snow? I'm coming from Boston and going north, I'm kinda thinking gunstock. WhAt do u guys think?

Hey Octo!
Every place is skiing great. what are your interests, your skill level and you threshold for pain (driving or other)????

octopus

Hey Octo!
Every place is skiing great. what are your interests, your skill level and you threshold for pain (driving or other)????

Snowboard, can ride just aBout anywhere. Was just hoping for some pow like I got a few weeks ago at magic mtn(thurs), but I guess that's not gonna happen this time. Maybe I'll just stay close to home and hit up the massive blue hills ski resort.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Snowboard, can ride just aBout anywhere. Was just hoping for some pow like I got a few weeks ago at magic mtn(thurs), but I guess that's not gonna happen this time. Maybe I'll just stay close to home and hit up the massive blue hills ski resort.

You might want to think about the Berkshires. They are Gunstock-sized and have been getting steady pow all week.

sd1_today.jpg

sf1_Tuesday.jpg

4aprice

Nice...looks like it's not raining at Blue.

It doesn't look like its doing anything at Camelback via the web cam. Radar shows what looks to be blossoming snow near the mountain and the slug of moisture coming up from the southwest looks healthy. Still think I'm gonna to go to Blue tonight.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
It doesn't look like its doing anything at Camelback via the web cam. Radar shows what looks to be blossoming snow near the mountain and the slug of moisture coming up from the southwest looks healthy. Still think I'm gonna to go to Blue tonight.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I think I'm going to hold out for tomorrow AM.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I've got 4"-5". I just finished clearing the walks and there was a light freezing mist coming down. Roads seem pretty good for now.

WJenness

Grey and overcast here in Woburn, MA... no precip yet.

I'm OK with that, would prefer a dry ride home in an hour and a half...

Then it can dump :)

-w