• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/26 - 27 Storm Discussion Thread

BenedictGomez

I'm in Hunterdon County, NJ

We were supposed to get 3-6, then 6-8, then 6-10, then 8-10, then 8-12. Just went outside and we already have 9, and it's not supposed to stop until 4am or 5am, so I'm taking the over.

Does anyone know how much they've gotten in the Poconos so far? The reports STILL say they're only getting 3-6 total, but I find that hard to believe at this point.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I'm in Hunterdon County, NJ

We were supposed to get 3-6, then 6-8, then 6-10, then 8-10, then 8-12. Just went outside and we already have 9, and it's not supposed to stop until 4am or 5am, so I'm taking the over.

Does anyone know how much they've gotten in the Poconos so far? The reports STILL say they're only getting 3-6 total, but I find that hard to believe at this point.

Reports from Allentown/Bethlehem/Whitehall area are reporting 7-9 inches.

gmcunni

Weather man in CT referred to this as "an epic snow event". Reports of a foot across much of the state, which fell in a short period of time.

BLESS

juat woke up here in Central Rhody.....I would say by just guessing at what I see, we got 12ish inches. Looks heavy & wet. We had about 3 inchesw yest & 1 or 2 the day before also. Its been our snowiest Jan ever....

Last edited:

Jisch

In NE CT we got over 20". Its not blower light, but not super heavy either. Insane amounts of snow on the ground.

WJenness

Hard to tell what I woke up to... lots of drifting...

My car was parked perpendicular to a fence... the drift was up above that fence (4ish feet tall)... I should have taken a picture, but I was anxious to get on my way to the office. (Don't know why, there is no one here.)

I was very happy about the fact that the maintenance guys were clearing the lot when I was leaving for work... One of the guys saw me clearing off my car and brought his snowblower over and cleared all the snow behind my car... made it very easy to get out of my space. :)

-w