• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter 1/21/2011

belskier

folks - not sure this is the right forum, but heading to Hunter for our first time this Saturday. as you might guess, we are belleayre skiers, been meaning to make it to hunter for a while. Theres supposed to be a mogul competition this weekend. Our son is signed up to compete, so heres our chance to head over. Looking for any advice on logistics, etc. How early should we arrive (thinking 8ish) to minimize crowd hassles, where should we park (is there a choice), decent spot to boot up, leave our lunch etc. After the competition, i think we will be looking to spend some time on Hunter West, i understand doesnt typically get jammed over there and offers nice long, mogul runs? Any and all thoughts are welcome.

thanks very much

Ben

JimmyPete

Weekdays at Hunter are as good as anywhere in the East, can't say same for weekends.

folks - not sure this is the right forum, but heading to Hunter for our first time this Saturday. as you might guess, we are belleayre skiers, been meaning to make it to hunter for a while. Theres supposed to be a mogul competition this weekend. Our son is signed up to compete, so heres our chance to head over. Looking for any advice on logistics, etc. How early should we arrive (thinking 8ish) to minimize crowd hassles, where should we park (is there a choice), decent spot to boot up, leave our lunch etc. After the competition, i think we will be looking to spend some time on Hunter West, i understand doesnt typically get jammed over there and offers nice long, mogul runs? Any and all thoughts are welcome.

thanks very much

Ben

Both my sons are competing. Sign up and registration is in Colonels Hall which is the far left of the MAIN Base lodge not the Learning Center which is a separate building off to the left. If you get there at 8am just take the closest parking and go right to sign up. You can change and leave your stuff there or put in lockers in the lower level.

Look for me doing hand timing at the finish line and I'll take you for a tour after the comp. Ask for Alan.

belskier

thats great, thanks, first time competing - he's 10 - and first time to the mountain, so stuff like this is very welcome, see you there - 8 am early enough?

My youngest is 11, its a great time. I should take your handle, it is almost my last name Belsky.

The lift opens at 8:30. The earlier the better.

belskier

great, will shoot for an earlier arrival and hopefully we can hook up, looking forward to it

Just look for the guy with the Blue Tooth helmet attachments. I should have green pants and black jacket