• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - Bump or Bust Mogul Comp - 1/22/11

bvibert

Staff member
Nice video Skidmarks!

I'm sorry I didn't get to the demo tent before the comp. I was hoping he'd still be there when it was over...

EDIT - I looked way more feeble in my duel against Bart than I felt....

Greg

Staff member
EDIT - I looked way more feeble in my duel against Bart than I felt....

The double pole plant at 2:30 sealed the win for you, no doubt. :lol: :razz: ;)

Seriously, you looked good. Think about how far you've come and keep it in perspective.

bvibert

Staff member

Thanks... At least I won a duel... 8)

Seriously, you looked good. Think about how far you've come and keep it in perspective.

In my mind I wasn't turning as much and was going much faster than I actually was. Shannon commented that I looked timid, even for me. I was wondering if he was watching the right guy, but I guess he was right. Need to pick it up a notch next time... and stop being such a big wuss about the airs. Those kickers were actually like the perfect size for me, but the landing had me all sketched out...

bvibert

Staff member

I must say, that it turned out to be not quite as bad as I thought it was in my head. Perhaps if I had ever tuned my skis so that they was something resembling sharp edges on them I wouldn't have been as freaked out... :-?

Live and learn. I do need to get those things tuned though...

Greg

Staff member
If you guys notice, Joe F would wedge a bit after landing which helped him scrub some speed but staying in line. Something to remember for next time. I learn a little bit each time.

And congrats on the duel win Brian definitely. Something I'm still waiting to do, but considering I lost mine to the 2nd place finisher (and didn't get totally smoked), I'm satisfied.

gmcunni

I must say, that it turned out to be not quite as bad as I thought it was in my head. Perhaps if I had ever tuned my skis so that they was something resembling sharp edges on them I wouldn't have been as freaked out... :-?

Live and learn. I do need to get those things tuned though...

demo'ing the f17s really screwed with my head.

early in the day i hit the kicker on my nordica and slid like crazy.

when i hit the kicker on with the f17 i really noticed improved grip with the edges

knowing this really had me over-thinking it when i was looking down at the course before the comp runs with my skis

gmcunni

is there a list of winners + prizes? i saw that Killington Joe got a helmet and ski rack, what did others get?

MogulQueen

Great to seeing everyone again! AZ has definately has brought up their game. If we work a little on the airs :spread:, me especially, I think we can get those out of towners :razz: Carrie, thanks for all the pictures. You really brought out the best in all of us. Oh yeah, and let's not forget about the whoopee pies:beer: For the dude who asked about prizes, mine rocked...2nd place women won a sweet pair of googles!

powhunter

Yep the big guy has tightened up his stance and going more direct, I noticed that the last time we were out. Good going!!

Steveo

bvibert

Staff member
is there a list of winners + prizes? i saw that Killington Joe got a helmet and ski rack, what did others get?

I don't know if such a lift exists, Jarrod would be the only one who might possess it (they were working off of a list written with marker on a scrap of cardboard that day, so I think that's as official of a list as it got). From what I can remember; Madriverjack got a sweet set of goggles for 18-39 2nd place, 2knees got some sunglasses for 3rd place, female 3rd place got a pile of soft goods, mogulqueen got goggles for 2nd place, the male under 18 winner got some nice looking poles and a hat. I don't remember the rest, I was too busy devouring some awesome fried chicken during the ceremony... 8)

bvibert

Staff member
A great event! Lots of fun!

Is that guy at 1:23 a Suburban guy? If so he owes me royalties for using my patented dumper air on that run. I was so disheartened that someone else used my move before I could make my run that I just couldn't make myself try any tricks for the rest of the day...

powhunter

Great to seeing everyone again! AZ has definately has brought up their game. If we work a little on the airs :spread:, me especially, I think we can get those out of towners :razz: Carrie, thanks for all the pictures. You really brought out the best in all of us. Oh yeah, and let's not forget about the whoopee pies:beer: For the dude who asked about prizes, mine rocked...2nd place women won a sweet pair of googles!

Just saw a sundown commercial on TV...Was that you???

steveo

NeilT

The "more photos at" link above has a problem, try any of the ones below. If none work, spill some coffee on your keyboard then try it again!
Alternatively, finding the right combination of curse words can work, too. :)

http://www.simplephoto.com/SC/index.cfm?fuseaction=EventLoad&eid=14684438&fn=TolhurstPhotography

http://www.simplephoto.com/SC/index...339A&rand=6B4C3F4B-8A84-42CD-AD141A52AC0AFC23

http://www.simplephoto.com/SC/index...graphy&priv=0&showpriv=1&decor=1&pw=1&nocache

MogulQueen

Just saw a sundown commercial on TV...Was that you???

steveo

Yup, that was me, Mamma Sundown. Funny, I haven't gotten any more call for gigs after that commercial :-o It was fun doing it. My only issue with it was that I was promoting the creature comforts of Sundown i.e. "WiFi and Coffee ". I don't even drink coffee. Yuck! And as for staying inside......no way, well, maybe for a beer with friends:beer:

jrmagic

Yup, that was me, Mamma Sundown. Funny, I haven't gotten any more call for gigs after that commercial :-o It was fun doing it. My only issue with it was that I was promoting the creature comforts of Sundown i.e. "WiFi and Coffee ". I don't even drink coffee. Yuck! And as for staying inside......no way, well, maybe for a beer with friends:beer:

I guess this is the one?

Maybe they should show you rippin the bumps next time:spread:

Congrats to all the AZers who placed:beer:

Last edited: