• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - Bump or Bust Mogul Comp - 1/22/11

Greg

Staff member
Quick results:

Men 40+
Winner: Dave Adams from Hunter

Women
Winner: Amanda
2nd Place: Mogulqueen, Jeanine from Sundown

Men, 18-39:
1st: Joe (F?)
2nd: madriverjack
3rd: 2knees
4th: bvibert

Under 18 not sure, but that field was ripping....

Pics to come shortly, I'd imagine....

Greg

Staff member
Oh....I think gmcunni was 3rd place 40+

Greg

Staff member
Crash in the Mens 40+ final (he was okay):
P1050799.JPG

bvibert in his last duel:
P1050802.JPG

2knees vs. madriverjack:
P1050804.JPG

mogulqueen:
P1050810.JPG

Finals air (MRJ on looker's right):
P1050811.JPG

Sorry I missed it, I had to stay at Hunter and take care of Spencer who is very serious about his mogul training.

Greg

Staff member
Finals air (MRJ on looker's right):
P1050811.JPG

Look at all the turned heads on the lift. THAT's what it's all about. Not perfect kicker angles....

bvibert

Staff member
Great day today. The weather turned out to be perfect and the course was sweet. Way way way better than any of the times it was on Temptor! I wish I had gotten a little more practice time (one run) as I was pretty nervous about the kickers, well mostly the landings. I survived though. Can't believe I won a duel! Good times today! It was great hanging out afterward too. I get a kick out of the people who travel to our mountain to ski the bump comps; Madriverjack, Joe and Amanda from Killington, and Dave Adams and crew from Hunter to name a few. Props to everyone who came out to support the event!

I had the GoPro mounted to the helmet all day, but I didn't really manage to get any good footage. It crapped out on my qualifying run, I forgot to turn it on for the first duel, and then it crapped out again for the second duel. I did get some of the other people's runs, but with it being so wide angle it's not all that great unless I'm close to the action.

madriverjack

It was nice to see everyone, hopefully we can ski again soon. Also great job by Sundown and Suburban for putting this event together.

Grassi21

Where the hell were you?? Don't even tell me LAX!!!

Good guess. Wifey had plans today and was too cold to cart my little guy around the hill today. I am hoisting a celebratory IPA for all my AZ peeps that placed today.

planb420

Ok time to spread out the proactive on stinger to clear up that acne and gimmie back my park set-up!!!!LOL

gmcunni

Fun time today, wish i'd been able to stick around to see the finals + hang out. Weather was great and the course was setup nice. I really think having the comp under the lift was a great way to promote the event. Congratz to the winner!