• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Want Some Friends to Hike With? The AZ Hitch-Hiker Guide!

walkerd2

When: Thursday January 18th 2007 around 7:00-8:00 AM

The Plan: N and S Hancock via Cedar Brk Tr, Hancock Notch Tr, Hancock Loop Tr.

I hope to be there closer to 7:00, so if anyone is interested in joining, please contact me so I know to wait.

Hope to here from you soon

X-Linked

Website
www.alphabluetech.com
I would have to say, all over the NorthEast PA region.

The Appalachian Trails,
State Parks: Hickory Run, Ricketts Glen, Delaware State Forest.
Privately owned places: Bushkill Falls, the Caverns.
Falls: Glen Onoko, Del Water Gap

Skier75

Saturday, August 5 is the level and easy Pondicherry Wildlife Refuge.
Sunday, August 6 is a big hike to Mount Isolation.
All are welcome to join us. As always, kindly let me know you'll be joining the group.

We might have to join up with you on the Isolation trip, was going to do this one at the end of last season, but didn't make it. We'll let you know.

hiker

Hi there,

I am a new member of this forum. I am 49 and enjoy outdoors. I have recently moved to Boston from Idaho, where I spent some time hiking and scrambling Idaho's mountains. I would be interested to continue similar activities in New England. I am looking for a possibility to join people, who are involved into hiking New Hampshire's 4,000-Footers (or other mountains), as a hiking partner.

Thanks a lot.

Oleg

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Welcome, Oleg! The season's just getting going, a late start this year due to the heavy snowfall. Many trails, especially north-facing over 3500', still have deep snow in spots and a difficult "monorail" to follow where snowshoers packed it down over winter, but hopefully as the sunny days go by more folk will be getting out and posting trips to share.

hiker

Thank you, Michael!

Would that be too early than to hike Franconia Ridge this coming weekend? Could you suggest any other good strenious hikes in place of this one?

Thank you,
Oleg

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Well, the latest info I have puts the Wilderness and Bondcliff Trails at excellent condition through the Bonds, but then 4-5 feet of snow remains over by the Twins.

hiker

Are the Twins connected to the Bondcliff Trails? Would that be the same loop? Sorry, I am not yet familiar with the trails, names, and areas. Just started to learn... Checked the Bondcliff Trail. It looks very good and if it is in a good condition, it could be something for me to start with here in New England.

Oleg

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
The Bonds are a bit of a major hike for an introduction to the area. How about you start a new thread in the hiking forum and pose the question there, and throw out some information on your experience level, and we should be able to point you in the right direction. :)

hiker

Good morning Michael,

It seems that there is not much interest so far in my new thread (no responses)... May be I should have given a more "marketable" title...?

Oleg

bosrocker51

I am in Medford, MA and have recently developed an interest in rappelling, primarily if I want to self-evac from a chairlift. I used to be on a ski patrol. I have some equipment, and looking for somebody who might be willing to show me the ropes...

have: locking carabiners. rappel ring, 60 ft of new 8.5mm static line, webbing, harness...

stomping grounds: Middlesex Fells Reservation

PLEASE contact me.

psuhiker

Website
www.kalloz.com
My Friend is Hiking the AT Now, Tweeting Along the Way

Hey... I wanted to pass along a blog my friend put together for his 2010 AT hike (he's currently on his fifth day of the trip).

If you want to read about his trip or follow him on Twitter or even find out where you can thru hike with him, check out his Appalachian Trail blog. He'll probably be checking his website once a week, maybe... when he can get to a public computer, and has been reading comments from past thru hikers and supporters.

This is his second thru hike on the Appalachian Trail (his first hike was in 2003 and he's also hiked the Pacific Crest Trail in 2007) and this time he's blogging his trip straight from the trail.

tomcat

Website
tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com
My stomping grounds are Maine. I make a handful of trips to Baxter State Park each year as well as Acadia. I hike a lot of the AT typically from Saddleback to Katahdin each season. I hit the Moosehead Lake area quite frequently as well as 100 mile wilderness. Each year I make a trip or two to the Whites. PM me if you need some local advice on Maine hikes or possible partner. I have also thru hiked the AT and Cohos Trail in NH

YurteeBoy

Any backcountry skiers/boarders in the New England area looking to meet up for some touring this winter? I just moved back east from the Tetons last summer and looking to get into the Presidentials (Great Gulf, Gulf of Slides, Tucks), and find some stashes in Vt.
Most of my buddies here are resort skiers and/or are married with kids. Hoping to find some experienced bc travelers. Hit me up if you want to make some turns!

masonwilliams

In our daily life cyber crime is increased day by day and it is very harmful to our livelihood . Do you know about this…………?

GotoNancy1

Website
www.hearratewatchcompany.com
Skiing any day! You are limited with snowboarding. Although it is still pretty cool. I do both.My favorite sport is snowboard cross – I love it! And I like all kinds of snow sport: Snowboarding, Skiing or Snow Skiing, water skiing, skiing and snowboarding Winter Sports