• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/1 - 2/2 Storm Discussion Thread

awf170

Officially 17" in Lowell, MA. Wierd that we probably picked up the most snow in New England.

Edit: just saw those western MA totals a few posts above, so not quite the most in New England but still very close. Still wierd given the location of Lowell.

WJenness

Officially 17" in Lowell, MA. Wierd that we probably picked up the most snow in New England.

Edit: just saw those western MA totals a few posts above, so not quite the most in New England but still very close. Still wierd given the location of Lowell.

Agreed...

Lowell is BURIED right now...

-w

Warp Daddy

Plowed this morning for a 4th time since yesterday . Stuck a yardstick in the middle of the yard , it measured 20 " , Am about to go up and shovel the roofs on the front and back porches and the Sunroom which is a shed roof style .

The main gambrel roof is too damn high for me to get up there at 67 -- yeah i'm a chicken shit :D

mikestaple

Plowed this morning for a 4th time since yesterday . Stuck a yardstick in the middle of the yard , it measured 20 " , Am about to go up and shovel the roofs on the front and back porches and the Sunroom which is a shed roof style .

The main gambrel roof is too damn high for me to get up there at 67 -- yeah i'm a chicken shit :D

It's good to be a chicken sh*t - Super Bowl tie in. Former Packer WR Max McGhee (he catches the TD pass from Starr in all the highlights) died a few years ago when he fell off his roof cleaning out gutters. Don't screw with roofs.

Greg

Staff member
Don't screw with roofs.

My roof is wicked high. Two stories in front, three in back. Falling off is just not worth the risk to me. I'll take my chances, and if something happens, well that's what home owner's insurance is for. Luckily, I only have a few drifted areas up there. Still gonna try the ice dam sock thing, but that's going to be done by swinging them up from the upper floor windows, not going out on the roof.

Warp Daddy

It's good to be a chicken sh*t - Super Bowl tie in. Former Packer WR Max McGhee (he catches the TD pass from Starr in all the highlights) died a few years ago when he fell off his roof cleaning out gutters. Don't screw with roofs.

Yeah you are right - i never screw with the MAIN roof

- Just finished the other 3 roofs man there was a tremendous amount of snow up there but fortunayely it was BLOWER Pow -- so what the hell am i dong here damn i should be at the mtn today dammit :D:D

WJenness

I took this photo yesterday.

Picnic table outside a sandwich shop in Brattleboro, VT.

Stopped in on the way home from Magic:

2011-02-02_16-26-48_724.jpg

-w

Grassi21

I took this photo yesterday.

Picnic table outside a sandwich shop in Brattleboro, VT.

Stopped in on the way home from Magic:

2011-02-02_16-26-48_724.jpg

-w

I had two tables like that in my yard. Eventually the wife nagged me enough to clear of the one with the glass top before it broke.