• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/1 - 2/2 Storm Discussion Thread

WJenness

but-wait-theres-more-billy-mays-tshirt.jpg

Hopefully more north this time? <crosses fingers>

-w

TheBEast

Predicting storms that far out is a waste. I like the day ahead of time storms as they're generally more productive in terms of snow totals. Like the last one everyone was talking about it as the "Big One" more than a week before....well it was a big one, but where it doesn't matter. Either way I'll still say "Yes please can I have another!" Glad I have a working snow blower!

gmcunni

State of CT update -

Next Week: The GFS model is indicating the potential for another large snowstorm during the middle of next week. As this time this appears to be another Northeaster with the potential for around a foot of snow either Wednesday or Thursday. DEMHS will issue updates starting early next week if this storm still appears to be a threat.

Madroch

While this has been an amazing year here in CT-I have been dying for a northern storm also-- I have one get out of house free trip each year-- to pre-position the night before and ski up North. Still banked, and ready for use....

Madroch

^1,000,000

Trees are skiable in SoVT, but one good dump get nearly everything in play.

Getting dangerous to ski trees in CT-- tree wells.... use caution and ski with a friend. :razz:

Glenn

Yesterday, I cleared 14" of snow from the driveway in CT. Got up to VT.....4 maybe 5 inches. It's like a backward winter. Don't get me wrong, there's still a boatload of snow in SoVT. But it's funny to see the same amount down ithe flatlands.

Hopefully, we'll get. Few big dumps up here. VT is much better at dealing with snow. People in CT are just whining at this point. Ha!

gmcunni

Yesterday, I cleared 14" of snow from the driveway in CT. Got up to VT.....4 maybe 5 inches. It's like a backward winter. Don't get me wrong, there's still a boatload of snow in SoVT. But it's funny to see the same amount down ithe flatlands.

Hopefully, we'll get. Few big dumps up here. VT is much better at dealing with snow. People in CT are just whining at this point. Ha!

bring your skis home this weekend, then you hit sundown for a mid-week pow day/night ;-)

Greg

Staff member
Albany's calling for 50% chance of snow at Sundown. That's a high percentage this far out.