• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 1.27.11

bvibert

Staff member
Not really sure how this turned out. I had a very frustrating time trying to get Windows Movie Maker to get me even this much.. :roll:

powbmps

Sweet video bvibert! When did you take a trip to Colorado? I heard they've been getting hammered this year.

Wide open runs, powder bumps and tight trees....nice. I don't know about the tunes though ;-).

Grassi21

Not really sure how this turned out. I had a very frustrating time trying to get Windows Movie Maker to get me even this much.. :roll:

Nice! You even got when I poached your line on Temptor. :)

Madroch

Very nice... love the tree footage- even got the branch that seemed to nab us all.

Greg

Staff member
That was a pretty awesome POV vid. Thanks Brian. Fantastic soundtrack :lol: and I love the slow mos on the airs. madroch's looked awesome with the sun on the hills in the distance. Stinger was so much fun that day. Pow bumps, untracked on Gunny, and some woods footage. Captured the day perfectly. Sweet!

Madroch

Repeats on Tues. mid day and Wed late day? Wed is iffy but things are trending colder so who knows? Wed trending colder is making the decision on whether to travel north tougher... as is timing...

Madroch

No access to B's soundtrack at work... just have to re-watch it tonight!:beer:

bvibert

Staff member
That was a pretty awesome POV vid. Thanks Brian. Fantastic soundtrack :lol: and I love the slow mos on the airs. madroch's looked awesome with the sun on the hills in the distance. Stinger was so much fun that day. Pow bumps, untracked on Gunny, and some woods footage. Captured the day perfectly. Sweet!

Thanks. I was disappointed that I faded the slow-mos in and out, I didn't mean to do that. My computer practically caught on fire while editing this, so I couldn't get a good preview. As it was I had to make the video at a small resolution, otherwise it would crash. That's why it's a little blurry.

powbmps

Thanks. I was disappointed that I faded the slow-mos in and out, I didn't mean to do that. My computer practically caught on fire while editing this, so I couldn't get a good preview. As it was I had to make the video at a small resolution, otherwise it would crash. That's why it's a little blurry.

Any idea what the fix is? More powerful computer? I run into the same problem with WMM. Drives me nuts. There's always screw ups and random crap that I find after I convert to a movie file.

bvibert

Staff member
Any idea what the fix is? More powerful computer? I run into the same problem with WMM. Drives me nuts. There's always screw ups and random crap that I find after I convert to a movie file.

I think my problems are two-fold. First - WMM sucks! I'm looking into replacing it. The version I was using on XP was okay (far from great though), but the version on Windows 7 sucks ass... majorly. Second - My computer is pretty old and slow in general, I think an upgrade is in order if I want to keep on editing videos.

I mostly can't get over how bad they made WMM.

Grassi21

+1, that was awesome.
The only thing i was wondering about was does your head move at all when you are skiing? Are you concentrating on not moving your head because you are filming or does the camera jusgt make it look that way?

Brian is a pro. He is always looking at least 4 or 5 bumps ahead of him... :)

bvibert

Staff member
Brian is a pro. He is always looking at least 4 or 5 bumps ahead of him... :)

This, plus my super quiet upper body. :spread:

Seriously, I don't do anything differently because I'm skiing with the camera on. I'd like to think that I don't have a lot of head bobbing and whatnot going on, but I think a lot of it might just be because of where the camera is mounted.