Jay Peak Conceptual Development Plan (2011-2016) - Page 18

AlpineZone

Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpdsnowman View Post
    One thing I will say is they have done a great job over the last two years implementing these growth changes. They made my life alot easier as far as putting trips together. They do have a way to go but they do still hold onto the basis of low key as compared to some other resorts. Their waterpark is a great addition to the package. But the place is coming along, stenger's the man bottom line lol...

"low key" is a pretty broad descriptor.

$650 adult
    $189 5 and under
    looking forward to $60 day pass VT rates

really coming along

Im just gonna sit at my slopeside condo and wait for all this to transpire...

One thing I will say is they have done a great job over the last two years implementing these growth changes. They made my life alot easier as far as putting trips together. They do have a way to go but they do still hold onto the basis of low key as compared to some other resorts. Their waterpark is a great addition to the package. But the place is coming along, stenger's the man bottom line lol...

Now if they could only get a real pizza shop I would be happy lol....I miss the old one lol...
    Can't beat that location! Wish we were closer to Jay Peak. We would definitely hit there more often. There's definitely not a lot of good pizza places in VT. Where I live in Central NJ we have a great pizza place practically on every corner!

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom-tele View Post
    "low key" is a pretty broad descriptor.

$650 adult
    $189 5 and under
    looking forward to $60 day pass VT rates

really coming along
    By low key I mean atmosphere not pricing...I put on trips around the country at many resorts..Jay peak, powder mt, UT those are low key resorts...Places like Stowe, Killington, VT or steamboat CO are more touristy places...

$60.00 is not alot for a day pass..and honestly who pays for a day pass, you can always get deals....especially at jay...

I have not paid more than $35.00 per day to ride at jay peak..

By low key I mean atmosphere not pricing...I put on trips around the country at many resorts..Jay peak, powder mt, UT those are low key resorts...Places like Stowe, Killington, VT or steamboat CO are more touristy places...

$60.00 is not alot for a day pass..and honestly who pays for a day pass, you can always get deals....especially at jay...

I have not paid more than $35.00 per day to ride at jay peak..
    the irony is terrific.

I would relate the size to Sunday River more than Sugarloaf. Sugarloaf is always going to own Jay on vertical size. However, in reality Sugarloaf is fairly compact 2.2 miles side to side (including the hike to Burnt Mtn and NOT including that double chair that goes down to the golf course). Sugaloaf also only has a single base area.

Sunday River has multiple base areas and is over 3 miles end to end but has limited side country.

Neither have the developed side country access Jay has. The limited open trail development in Jay's West Bowl is going to leave A LOT of lift served options for marked glade trails and natural tree skiing.
    I would add that this also really opens up the extra side country options off North Jay down to Route 105.

Sugarloaf:

Jay:

Sunday River:

You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom-tele View Post
    the irony is terrific.

Jay is not going to feel non-touristy when this is all done.
    The goal of all of this development is to turn it into a destination resort... FOR TOURISTS.
    (captain obvious being obvious)

Regarding side country access at Sugarloaf; I think there's a lot of stuff that most people are unaware of. As an example, I found out this past weekend that some of the best skiing on the Mountain is actually off the west side of the mountain heading down to Caribou Pond road. Similar situation to 242 at Jay. Of course unlike Jay, Sugarloaf didn't get the snow this winter to make most of that terrain skiable.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Regarding side country access at Sugarloaf; I think there's a lot of stuff that most people are unaware of. As an example, I found out this past weekend that some of the best skiing on the Mountain is actually off the west side of the mountain heading down to Caribou Pond road. Similar situation to 242 at Jay. Of course unlike Jay, Sugarloaf didn't get the snow this winter to make most of that terrain skiable.
    Every hill in the NE is this way. Some just market the obvious a little more than others. some even cut trails for its access.

kudos to J though, from a business perspective it really seems to be thriving, I would have expected some financial catastrophe by now per the NEK norm.

nice pics NEK, thanks for the comparison.

One thing about the West Bowl has me scratching my head a bit. Why are there two lifts unloading just below Doll Peak? A single lift would be able to serve this entire area (HSQ or more likely HS6). Reallign slightly to start where the "J" lift bottom station is and end it at the top of Lift "K".

Looks like the new Jet lift will stay in the same path as it follows now.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information