• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Some Alta pics

Puck it

You know I am so :x because I keep seeing this thread get updates and I am hoping that there are pictures of Alta, but instead it is you two going back and forth. I'm not sure if it is joking around or anything serious, but let's keep it on track and discuss some Alta stoke instead of this jibber jabber.

69745_476120564666_744459666_5761862_539675_n.jpg

163247_476099904666_744459666_5761617_4185580_n.jpg

Tell him to stop bothering me and calling me names. He is bullying me.

dmc

From Alta it is off the Wildcat chair with a little hike. I think the area below is the connection of Alta to Snowbird called Westward Ho, if I remember correctly

Anybody actually know?

dmc

Yes, I do. So why don't you just stop. Why don't you just stop and stay out of my thread comments.

I actually have a friend out there right now and I'm trying to direct him that way.. I want to give him some beta...

dmc

Why do you continue to break this little man's shoes? Why can't everyone just get along?:beer:

just looking for some accurate beta.. I've only been to Alta once and it was a loooooooooong time ago..

Puck it

just looking for some accurate beta.. I've only been to Alta once and it was a loooooooooong time ago..

And I am telling you the accurate lift to use. Comma Chute is just above the Westward Ho Snowbird in the botom right of the map.

alta_map.gif

kingslug

I posted in the thread about how to get there...but its never open...and extremely dangerouse to even try without knowing exactly how...we got lucky that they opened it...and lucky my friend knows the way....

dmc

I posted in the thread about how to get there...but its never open...and extremely dangerouse to even try without knowing exactly how...we got lucky that they opened it...and lucky my friend knows the way....

It's low on the mountain - does it get less snow then higher up? i love gnarly chutes low on a mountain.. Shows character.

Puck it

It's low on the mountain - does it get less snow then higher up? i love gnarly chutes low on a mountain.. Shows character.

Dude, Look at the pic and the map that I posted. It dumps you out near the Powderbird pad which near the Peruvian lift at Snowbird.Do you thick it low? Little dense today.

dmc

Dude, Look at the pic and the map that I posted. It dumps you out near the Powderbird pad which near the Peruvian lift at Snowbird.Do you thick it low? Little dense today.

I know that - and I'm not dense - my question is based upon you putting the map up. Thank you.

So my question was since it is lower on the mountain - does it receive deep snow like the upper part? In reference to the comment about coverage..

thats all..

dmc

You guys rehearse this? It's like Abbot and Costello.

It's gotta be weird.. But I'm seriously just curious about the pictures.. Chutes are cool... Especially gnarly tree and rock chutes...