• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Some Alta pics

dmc

If I am posting then someone or some folks are not. Just talk about Alta and not about anything else please. Thanks.

Dude - i have no idea what that means...

I'm serious interested in these pictures - all I've ever seen from Alta is lame posing in skied off bowls or high chutes... Never any gnarly low mountain chutes..

And i have a friend who's in Utah right now. Would love to point him in that direction if it's good right now.

Last edited:

kingslug

The chute had very good snow..as its never skied much..the chute itself wasn't that hard..if you like 40 degree doglegs..it was getting to it and into it that was the tough part....mistakes can be fatal....you want a insane chute...try the little chute and the dogleg chute on Baldy...52 degrees at the top...that was the scariest thing I have ever done....almost killed one of our group when her skied popped off at the dogleg...long ride down for her face first...very scary....

mt_baldy_11.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HFuvu-2mGU

And this vid still does not show how insane the line is....
the tree at the end..large safety meeting held there...much needed..

Last edited:

dmc

yeah - it's doesn't look like 52 in the vid...

But I believe you. :)

kingslug

It was the first time the snow was right at my back when I was standing up straight...I sideslipped for a while..to scared to try and turn in something that narrow...once it opened up a bit I was able to...I wouldn't do it again..would like to do main chute which is to the right. If you're friend wants gnarly chutes..everything off the supreme chair is pretty hairy..just don't cliff out!
Alta_Snowbird_Snowbasin_Jan_2009_054.jpg

This is off the supreme...

Puck it

It was the first time the snow was right at my back when I was standing up straight...I sideslipped for a while..to scared to try and turn in something that narrow...once it opened up a bit I was able to...I wouldn't do it again..would like to do main chute which is to the right. If you're friend wants gnarly chutes..everything off the supreme chair is pretty hairy..just don't cliff out!

And this

100_0261.jpg

dmc

nice - jump turn brother!!

I have a picture of me somewhere from Tucks where I'm stopped on something really steep and touching the slope with my arm not even fully out stretched..

Buddy is headed over to PowMow tomorrow..

kingslug

Alta_Snowbird_Snowbasin_Jan_2009_0551.jpg

This is pete..he took the picture...then we..carefully exchanged cameras....

Alta_Snowbird_Snowbasin_Jan_2009_077.jpg

This is what we cliffed out on...we had to tiptoe (hard to do with skis) around the tree up there in the middle....one of the more scary moments of a trip a few years ago...