• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Storm 24-27?

SKidds

Be safe people. Likely to be a nasty drive to the north country today. I'm heading out first thing in the am. 5:45am in the car gets me on the Whiteface gondi shortly after 9:00, assuming the 3:15 minute trip takes 3:15. Roads should be clear by then. Allow extra drive time today.

Euler

Close to 4" on the ground in Putney,VT and snowing hard. Dense, sticky snow.Perfect stuff for sticking to and covering up the boilerplate base we've got now! Looks like the storm has shifted to bring SoVt the goods!

SKidds

The way the snow gradiant seems to be setting up on this one, Essex Co, NY into Central/Southern VT are lined up to take the brunt, with a sharp decline in snowfall amounts as you move north. Northern VT looking at 2-6, with trace to 2 up near the VT/Canadian border. Hopefully the mountain resorts up there squeeze out a little xtra. Roads might not get as bad in the NE Kingdom, but you still gotta get through the rest of VT to get there, so be careful.

It's so exciting watching the storm set up from here knowing I'll be skiing tomorrow where (hopefully) the worst of it hits. Kid in a candy store.

WWF-VT

Snow coming down hard since 7 AM here at Mt Ellen. Been getting first traks all over the mountain and back for more this afternoon.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
driving-difficult.gif
I-91: Difficult driving conditions.
Between the start of I-91 (6 miles south of the Brattleboro area) and the end of I-91 (near Derby Line). Driving conditions are difficult. Look out for icy patches. Look out for packed snow on the roadway. Look out for snow on the roadway.

Last updated today at 10:50AM EST by VTrans

closure.gif
I-91 northbound: Road closed to traffic.
Between Exit 1: US 5 and Exit 2: VT 9 (Brattleboro). The road is closed to traffic due to numerous accidents. For the next 45 mins.

@ Bolton

Image-707001-707001-0-1.jpg

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Don't drive into the North Country tonight without a reservation first. I've turned away about ten people already and while I think there are still a couple of rooms left in the valley, there probably won't be by the time you get here.

+10 I was just looking at Mad River Barn. It is booked solid through Saturday night. Then it opens up big time. Glad I'm not skiing until Sunday! Looking for the places that drop their holiday rates on Sunday.

noski

Noski can help until 6pm in MRV

I will "man the phones" to help travelers find rooms in the MRV tonight until 6pm. 1-800-82-VISIT. So if Sugarbush/MRG bound, I can assist- though the answer may still be "sorry!"...

kingslug

Why ..am ...I at ...work..now.and tommorow........Sunday at K will prolly be a zoo as well..but at least I'll be one of the animals....

2knees

looks like a wicked line of thunderstorms going through NYC and dirty jersey right now.

jaywbigred

Hey, someone usually posts a link to a good radar animation by now...

Anyone have a good one that includes different colors for different types of precip?

I should bookmark one, but I can't find!