No Friends On Powder Days - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    You can wear pink straps or just get a snowboard... We never lose our boards in deep snow..
    Don't worry, they come in green as well. What's the matter, you don't like pink? Not everyone snowboards or has any desire to do so. This was in reference to a lost 'ski'.

And I believe a safety strap/retention device is required is required of all snow sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Phantom View Post
    And I believe a safety strap/retention device is required is required of all snow sliders.
    Well lucky for you snowboards have a total of 4 straps connecting them to the board..
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Well lucky for you snowboards have a total of 4 straps connecting them to the board..
    I am sure that you have had a few more...

I sometimes do wear a snowboard leash when it gets deep...never really understood the leash requirement on a snowboard with non-release bindings, if both bindings have failed isn't there a pretty high chance the leash fails too? Is it just a relic of the anti-boarder eighties? Like when we used to have to take a test in front of the ski patrol before they'd let us ride the lifts.
    he went so far off axis he was in fact on axis...the progression had become regression

I am sure that you have had a few more...
    Nope... Just 4 straps... Never released..
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by makimono View Post
    I sometimes do wear a snowboard leash when it gets deep...never really understood the leash requirement on a snowboard with non-release bindings, if both bindings have failed isn't there a pretty high chance the leash fails too? Is it just a relic of the anti-boarder eighties? Like when we used to have to take a test in front of the ski patrol before they'd let us ride the lifts.

I saw a snowboard flying down the hill last week. I doubt I would be concerned about the type of bindings the individual was using if the board was to slam into me at speed. Same thing goes for ski brakes and runaway skis.

Quote Originally Posted by makimono View Post
    The Platekill Ski Patrol guys require straps... Makes no sense to me either...
    It's the only place I've been that requires it..

It's just a relic of the past..
    I also use a strap when I'm climbing and riding... First thing i do when I put my board on a steep place is attatch the strap...

I saw a snowboard flying down the hill last week. I doubt I would be concerned about the type of bindings the individual was using if the board was to slam into me at speed. Same thing goes for ski brakes and runaway skis.
    I've seen skis fly down hill even with brakes... Why don't skiers wear straps?

If someone takes off their board it really doesn't matter weather you use a strap or the binding straps...

Why don't skiers wear straps?
    you used to ski. you're telling me you never got clocked by a windmilling ski still attached to you by the damn strap? pretty painful.

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    you used to ski. you're telling me you never got clocked by a windmilling ski still attached to you by the damn strap? pretty painful.
    I have... it sucks..

Even when I skied I never used pow straps.. I just cranked up my bindings...

Thread Information