• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mar 5/6

SKIQUATTRO

Winn...much appreciated, great work! Saturday looks ok, winds maybe an issue, but with Bromley facing south, the winds would be mostly at the chair's back so hoping that wont put a hold on the summit.

may just go with plan A ...drive up Fri, ski saturday...may have to bag sunday...

WinnChill

Winn...much appreciated, great work! Saturday looks ok, winds maybe an issue, but with Bromley facing south, the winds would be mostly at the chair's back so hoping that wont put a hold on the summit.

may just go with plan A ...drive up Fri, ski saturday...may have to bag sunday...

No problem...I hate being out of the loop like that...even just a couple of days is an eternity in the weather world.

Anyways, yeah, we'll have to watch the winds on Saturday...are some of Bromley's slopes a bit more SE? If so, it could be an issue...will take a closer look at their trail map and eval the winds as we move forward. Saturday will be more showery and light like Dr Jeff alluded to, as this system takes shape during the day--perhaps some heavier/steadier precip west and north and maybe dropping in SVT late PM Sat with most of it Sunday. Wow, lots to look over! Will check back soon.

SKIQUATTRO

would consider another area that wouldnt be affected with the winds as much...

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
No problem...I hate being out of the loop like that...even just a couple of days is an eternity in the weather world.

Anyways, yeah, we'll have to watch the winds on Saturday...are some of Bromley's slopes a bit more SE? If so, it could be an issue...will take a closer look at their trail map and eval the winds as we move forward. Saturday will be more showery and light like Dr Jeff alluded to, as this system takes shape during the day--perhaps some heavier/steadier precip west and north and maybe dropping in SVT late PM Sat with most of it Sunday. Wow, lots to look over! Will check back soon.

You know guys and gals, we owe WinnChill big this year. Let's let him chill a bit and get out and ski! Maybe even hand over some of those idle vouchers that are hitting the boards about now!

ScottySkis

So thanks again winn,I'm thinking of just driving uo saturday and skiing at Smuggs on sun and monday,is it looking like that would be the most cheap and fun skiing for the weekend?

SKIQUATTRO

sat looks like the driest day with winds increasing, sun a possible washout and with the overnight temps dipping, monday's snow would be a glazed ice mess...... my .02

gmcunni

i have 2 tix to Magic i was hoping to use this weekend. not really in the mood to drive 3 hours to get soaked. have to watch this closely and hope for a change.

SKIQUATTRO

still thinking and hoping saturday morning in to mid afternoon will be ok....thoughts?

ScottySkis

What about skiing the catskills on saturday then driving up to northern vermont to ski sunday and monday?

skierbum

From what i'm reading, everywhere is going to get rain on Sunday. Personally, I wouldn't want to be skiing those days.

I'm wondering, what is Saturday supposed to be like? I'm thinking about going to Wildcat that day.

Does anyone know if Wildcat is good with the wind? Or not so much?

Last edited:

SKIQUATTRO

i'd hold off on your trip....going to be a mess....i'm on the fence about saturday..will make a decsion tomorrow, will keep checking the reports and charts tonight...