• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mar 5/6

skierbum

Might sound crazy, but Wildcat could be good. If the winds are going to hit SW, that means that to strike Wildcat, the winds have to go through the Notch. And if anybody's went through there, you know the weather can be drastically different.

ScottySkis

Maybe I just ski monday at Hunter in the catskills and save money for another time to go to north VT,thanks Winn your awesome

ScottySkis

Yes season will end in couple months but I can only afford 1 more trip too north Vt this year I rather spend the money when the conditions are worth it,looking like mount snow might get some snow sunday night into monday and I have price chopper ticket I can use so I might do that

gmcunni

Yes season will end in couple months but I can only afford 1 more trip too north Vt this year I rather spend the money when the conditions are worth it,looking like mount snow might get some snow sunday night into monday and I have price chopper ticket I can use so I might do that

i think i'm going to do (pray for) a day trip on Saturday to S VT. Okemo (they are hosting a demo day) or Magic.

abc

If VT won't get rain till Saturday afternoon, does that means the Whites will stay dry (liquid-wise, snow is ok) till end of day? How about the wind situation? Only late in the day also?

That would be good news for planning Saturday if we have the full daylight to work with.

WinnChill

If VT won't get rain till Saturday afternoon, does that means the Whites will stay dry (liquid-wise, snow is ok) till end of day? How about the wind situation? Only late in the day also?

That would be good news for planning Saturday if we have the full daylight to work with.

They may be ok precip-wise as well--maybe some snow showers turning to rain showers in the PM (a southerly flow is upslope for southern Whites...Loon/WV)...winds may still be an issue for them as well.

SKIQUATTRO

Some models showing the rain hitting svt around 10am on saturday after snow/mix.... Some not hitting till late afternoon

Weather...... Indecision may or may not be its problem..

abc

They may be ok precip-wise as well--maybe some snow showers turning to rain showers in the PM (a southerly flow is upslope for southern Whites...Loon/WV)...winds may still be an issue for them as well.
Is the wind going to be high all day or just PM?

I'm at northern NH. So hopefully it'll be more snow than rain. Or at this point, I'd be happy if it's just as little precip as possible. We've got tons of snow on the ground already. The later the rain comes, the bigger the window we get to play with the snow already on the ground without having to worry about wind hold or wetness.

WinnChill

Some models showing the rain hitting svt around 10am on saturday after snow/mix.... Some not hitting till late afternoon

Weather...... Indecision may or may not be its problem..

With a SW flow like this, you can get some showers with the initial surge of warm air working in (minor, light batch in the AM)...THEN you're in the warm sector through the day (mainly dry, some sun), THEN the spotty rain showers just before the bulk of the system late PM/eve. The forecast is a little text heavy but as best as we could get it. Most of the day looks ok.

WinnChill

Is the wind going to be high all day or just PM?

I'm at northern NH. So hopefully it'll be more snow than rain. Or at this point, I'd be happy if it's just as little precip as possible. We've got tons of snow on the ground already. The later the rain comes, the bigger the window we get to play with the snow already on the ground without having to worry about wind hold or wetness.

Mostly all day ABC, sorry. Here's Bretton Wood's forecast which hold out well with winds. A few extra showers for the North Country and may hang onto some snow a bit longer...light spotty precip though.

ScottySkis

Hey Winn how's it looking for Mount snow for Monday I'm thinking of doing that looks like rain will change to snow,I'm hoping its a lot of snow to fix any damage maybe?

WinnChill

Hey Winn how's it looking for Mount snow for Monday I'm thinking of doing that looks like rain will change to snow,I'm hoping its a lot of snow to fix any damage maybe?

Oops, sorry Scotty...I had to update Monday a bit. Here it is...not expecting very much. Will watch for a possible flare up as this system departs Monday and will keep you posted.

SKIQUATTRO

Winn...thanks again for the insight....

leaning towards scrapping tomorrow and heading up next weekend and Monday...

with the 4 of us (me, wife and 2 kids) and the possiblity of windholds, spotty weahter, i'll bank the $300 for next weekend

ScottySkis

I'm thinking it might it might be okay to ski in southern VT or the catskills tomorrow,the storm seems to be slowing down