• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mar 5/6

SKIQUATTRO

looks like Sat might be ok, but some NCP/snow for Sunday.....i know its a bit early in the week and lots of things can change, but i'm prayin' for good weather (anything but ice or ncp) heading up to Bromley for the weekend....(annual family trip for my bday)

roark

hoping to head north for the wife's bday... hope to see temps drop just a bit!

drjeff

Right now, this thing looks like it will have 2 things to watch for. #1, early in the weekend as "phase 1" of this storm comes through, that's when as of now the temps look the most questionable and also when things will be the most moisture starved. As the weekend goes on, it looks like "phase 2" will have both more cold air and more moisture with which to work with.

Lots of stuff to figure out, but this very well could end up being one of the classical later season events for ski country where the dividing line between all frozen and some mix/liquid sets up somewhere between the Mass Pike and the MA/VT/NH border

WinnChill

WinnChill...where are ya on this one??

Sorry guys...haven't been on a computer for a few days on a busy family trip. Returning home today with updates resuming tomorrow (Wed).

I'm sure DrJeff has been helping out just fine.

:beer:
WC

abc

Right now, this thing looks like it will have 2 things to watch for. #1, early in the weekend as "phase 1" of this storm comes through, that's when as of now the temps look the most questionable and also when things will be the most moisture starved. As the weekend goes on, it looks like "phase 2" will have both more cold air and more moisture with which to work with.

Lots of stuff to figure out, but this very well could end up being one of the classical later season events for ski country where the dividing line between all frozen and some mix/liquid sets up somewhere between the Mass Pike and the MA/VT/NH border
Well, if the freeze line is at the MA boarder, I'll be a very happy camper. Because right now, some forecast is still predicting rain for as far north as the North Conway area, which is where I'll be heading for.

drjeff

Well, if the freeze line is at the MA boarder, I'll be a very happy camper. Because right now, some forecast is still predicting rain for as far north as the North Conway area, which is where I'll be heading for.

I'm going with the recent storm trend of models 5 days out vs. actual reality which of late has been that our air masses across the Northeast have been colder than the models want them to be. My guess as to why we've been "lucking out" temp wise is that the Atlantic is a solid 5 or so degrees colder off Southern New England now than it typically is, so as the storms get closer and start to drag in some air (and moisture) off the Atlantic, the storm system itself isn't getting air as warm as the models are expecting it to be, and as such, the mixing line is staying further South

SKIQUATTRO

going to watch it and make a decision later tomorrow or thurs....is the possiblity there of some big snows for monday?

drjeff

going to watch it and make a decision later tomorrow or thurs....is the possiblity there of some big snows for monday?

As of right now, the models are suggesting that the part of the weather event this weekend with the most moisture potential will be late Sunday/Monday.

WJenness

Heading up to SR for the weekend with some friends...

Here's to hoping it snows!

If not, the beer will still be cold and refreshing.

-w

Glenn

I hope the temps stay cooler for whatever happens this weekend.

WinnChill

WinnChill...where are ya on this one??

Back at it this morning with updated VT (Bromley for you Quattro), NH, and ME forecasts posted. I'll l continue fine tuning through the day as I catch up on more data. Looks like DrJeff has had a good handle on things. :beer: