• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mar 5/6

ta&idaho

A long, drawn out storm with lots of changes for sure! It was a little frustrating but that's the way it goes for stalling systems like this. But I feel that our forecasted totals came pretty close....we called for N VT resorts to make out the best (ie SB thru Jay/Smuggs/Stowe). While our changes came a little later than we'd like, we at least upped our amounts to 15-20" for Sunday with an additional 6-10" for Monday...storm total 21-30"....and it looks like most N VT resorts came in ~25-30" with Jay and SB topping out a bit more into the 30's. We busted in some N NH resorts as the rain hung on longer than expected but our forecasted amounts for the area reflected lower (rainier) amounts further south.:)

So what are you projecting for the next several days? Anywhere that might escape the nastiness?

John W

Dr CHILL!!! Any word on snow for the back end of this thing???? Heading up to killington for the weekend. I saw something about Rain turning to snow friday night and into saturday... any chance of accumulation???

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Dr CHILL!!! Any word on snow for the back end of this thing???? Heading up to killington for the weekend. I saw something about Rain turning to snow friday night and into saturday... any chance of accumulation???
You mean 13-14th? Corn. Crops of corn, even if there is snow. Temps too high in the day not to be different. That's my $0.02. Pray to Ullr.

John W

Bill, I was talking about the Fri the 18, - 20th.. And I am totally hoping for some sort of coverage while I am out. Even if everything is all corned out. Actually it was wishful thinking more then anything.