• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bmmc 4/2 - 4/3

dmc

180 +1 in his age group!
8th over all... :)

2knees

found one decent pic on my camera. from sunday's pro final i believe

Last edited:

frankm938

His first dual. I was riding the chair with Cari Endres when he pronounced her name "Undress."

that was on purpose. greg was messing with all of us all day. for the record, i was never on the bachelorette!!

i couldnt find any of my duels, but i did see the clifford vs moguler6 duel, it was even closer than i thought.

Another BMMC has past us. I think it might have been my 19th or 20th year. I loved having all the different groups from all ages. Yes, it could have been more organized. It could have been more partying, but the skiing was off the charts Moguls, powder and snow and sun. Devils Fiddle rarely skis better and even OL was great Sunday afternoon. The woods were deep and untracked in many places.

Mogul skiing is a tough sport. Most people throw in the towel very early in their ski life. We need young participants or they will groom even more of the mountains that we love so much.

There are no losers here. Losing here makes me stronger for my business and my family. I can hardly wait till next year. Are there anymore competitions this year?

Sunday at 3 PM there were several posses of bumpers killing Devils Fiddle. There were KMS guys in yellow, old school guys sucking wind at the bottom of the zipper and young guns going off the cliffs. It was a great weekend for all.

Here are our pictures and videos.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104145002472724772294/BMMC2011Day2#

https://picasaweb.google.com/104145002472724772294/BMMC2011Day1#

SkiDork

Thanks for the videos... I know how much work it is to film and post up video.

Is it just my browser or is there not a fast forward/rewind function on this site?

wow - the scroll bar on the bottom looks like its disabled. I'll have to send a message to the admin to see what gives. Thanks for the tip Blanton

2knees

Mogul skiing is a tough sport. Most people throw in the towel very early in their ski life. We need young participants or they will groom even more of the mountains that we love so much.

The skill level of the younger competitors is staggering. The tiny little girl who had a pink jacket on sunday was just jaw dropping to watch. I took a pic of her in the finals and showed my 7 year old. Not that she's anywhere near ready but just to get that thought in her head.

SkiDork

The skill level of the younger competitors is staggering. The tiny little girl who had a pink jacket on sunday was just jaw dropping to watch. I took a pic of her in the finals and showed my 7 year old. Not that she's anywhere near ready but just to get that thought in her head.

Thats Kasey Hogg. I think _really_ low center of gravity plays to her favor (duh!)

Her sister Madison is also quite good.

Hannah Soar, 11 years old actually won an A event earlier this season. She's the big up and comer. She works really hard, doing a lot of natural bumps on OL and Fiddle throughout the season

MogulQueen

I wish I could have had a mulligan on Sunday. I was so amped up for my dual and then it happened.....my binding released me on my third turn. I can't even begin to tell you how unsatisfying that was for me! Oh well, there's always next year. Other than that, I think this was one of the best Bear MT Challenges in a long time. I loved the format of mixing in the pros and legends all day. BTW, 180, Spencer looked really solid on his forerunner dual! He has really improved in the last year.

MogulQueen

Speaking of bindings pre releasing, why the heck does it happen? On my practice run, it happened so I....actually Mondeo, cranked my bindings to 9. My boots are only a year old and there is no wear in the toe. Is it just a bad binding or do they loosen up over time. My ski/binding is about 5 years old. I am not very big so I don't think I would be putting a lot of strain on them. Thoughts?

Blanton

Speaking of bindings pre releasing, why the heck does it happen? On my practice run, it happened so I....actually Mondeo, cranked my bindings to 9. My boots are only a year old and there is no wear in the toe. Is it just a bad binding or do they loosen up over time. My ski/binding is about 5 years old. I am not very big so I don't think I would be putting a lot of strain on them. Thoughts?

If your binding is that old and wasn't a metal higher end binding it is probably toast.

It is also possible that it is a forward pressure issue. If it is a Salomon binding with a tab that adjusts the heel piece then some snow types can actually lift the tab allowing the heel to pop back a notch or two.

*If they are 5 year old Markers then there is probably nothing wrong with them

mondeo

If your binding is that old and wasn't a metal higher end binding it is probably toast.

It is also possible that it is a forward pressure issue. If it is a Salomon binding with a tab that adjusts the heel piece then some snow types can actually lift the tab allowing the heel to pop back a notch or two.

*If they are 5 year old Markers then there is probably nothing wrong with them
I think they're Sollys. I know on my Look PX12s there's an indicator on the heel plate that shows forward pressure with the boot in - goal is 1/3 to 2/3 yellow showing. Not sure if there's a similar indicator on the Salomons.
It isn't the toe that wears, it's the heel above the tab that fits into the binding. I've had to adjust my bindings in under a year for this.

Blanton, It was great to meet you on Saturday. You had a killer run. I also met the Crist brothers from Seven Springs. I don't know if they post here, but one of them did well also.

Ski Dork, Once again your patience is unbelievable. Thank you for taking all the video.