• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat Mountain

mtsnowfish

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
I don't know honestly I didn't grab a report that day only a map. I have to say it was windier 2/3 of the way up the chair then the until the exit point the wind was light everytime so I would say that area is sheltered

skierbum

Catskir, do you know why the HSQ is closed on Monday? They are saying wind isn't a issue, do you know if there is a mechanical problem? or do they not run it on Mondays?

catskir

Not 100% sure but they did mention forecast winds also icing. IIRC they ran last Monday, they run it whenever possible. I was there Friday and it was windy but no issues with the quad. Should pick up more snow when this turns!

skierbum

I'm going Tuesday, so i'd be psyched if they didn't run the Quad Monday. There will be about 15 inches of untouched freshies!

Breeze

Wildcat is totally closed today, Monday 3/7. Bets are its to let the water drain out of the snowpack, to avoid possible NCP icing of haul ropes, let cover set up as the temps fall, and resume grooming Monday Night.

Breeze