mount snow to install a bubble 6 pack next year!

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

mount snow to install a bubble 6 pack next year!

Just announced about 10 minutes ago! The summit local's last weekend is next weekend, then offs dismantling begins to be replaced with a new leitner-poma bubble six pack! And at the same time, new chairs with foot rests for the grand summit express too! Big news!

Sounds like a party...bring a 6pack for the 6pack

this is huge...

Is the bubble really necessary?

I'd be excited about getting a new 6 pack as I'm sure that will really improve their capacity and reduce liftlines. I would just think the buble would make the lift more susceptible to wind holds.

overall great for the Mt. Snow folks. I certainly would be psyched to get a new lift knowing how the lines can be on the Summit Express.

Good news! Any updates on expanded snowmaking and increased lift capacity in Sunbrook? Without this, I worry about the increased skier density on the top of the main face area. The biggest upside I see is the ability to de-ice more quickly.

I think this is very classy!

Quote Originally Posted by Euler View Post
    Good news! Any updates on expanded snowmaking and increased lift capacity in Sunbrook? Without this, I worry about the increased skier density on the top of the main face area. The biggest upside I see is the ability to de-ice more quickly.
    Was thinking along the same lines, Euler. Hopefully we hear about the new Sunbrook chair real soon as well.

I'm also interested to see how they will reconfigure the base area to accommodate all that traffic (and the new barn to house the chairs). It is ridiculous now and there is rarely a line at the local summit chair (where the new one will go).

I think another great benefit is that (from what I've read and heard), the exit will be much higher, avoiding the skating and congestion that occurs at the summit.

Quote Originally Posted by MommaBear View Post
    Was thinking along the same lines, Euler. Hopefully we hear about the new Sunbrook chair real soon as well.

I'm also interested to see how they will reconfigure the base area to accommodate all that traffic (and the new barn to house the chairs). It is ridiculous now and there is rarely a line at the local summit chair (where the new one will go).

They are moving the bottom terminal of the 6 pack up the hill a bit Mommabear... extra space definitely needed.

Wow! First Sugarloaf, now Snow. Who's next?
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information