Road Biking: Convince Me - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Nice, I almost stopped in there tonight, but remembered my credit card cycle hasn't reset it self for the month yet
    You just got skis...what's next? A road bike for you, too?

Quote Originally Posted by mlctvt View Post
    Great choice, I didn't know that Giant made a women's specific frame. This bike should serve you well and with the triple you'll be all set to tackle those Litchfield hills! Congratulations.
    I guess it's the same as the Defy 3, just the women's version. I think it's going to work a lot better geometry-wise since I seemed to be kinda wonky as far as the fit charts for the mens/unisex bikes on BD.Just need pedals now... I hate those toe clip pedals. I think we have a spare pair of clipless around here somewhere.

More (a little more artsy) at:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/carriev...7626234546108/
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Great job, Sev! I told you to look at women's specific frames...and I ride a Giant and still love it after 5 years.

Enjoy!

Congrats Sev, nice ride!

This has been an interesting thread as I am also thinking about getting a road or CX bike. Would like to get some early morning rides in before work, and road seems easier than MTb for that even though I have an out the door MTB option. Been looking at BD and think I am going to go that route, those prices / specs are just too hard to beat. Also going to check out my LBS and look for some used options

Seeing mtb season is still some time away since the trails are soaked, I was thinking about one, also makes it easier to just get a quick ride in since I can ride from my door. And since you can wear spandex in public It's a no brainer.

It'll definitely be nice to get some miles in even when the trails are soaked (or in my case, just plain in since I can't always find the time to get in the woods, but 40 minutes or so in the morning are possible).

Spandex? Yeah...keep telling yourself that.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Looks like a fun bike - enjoy.

Nice! Keep us updated on how you like it and I will do the same with my wife's road bike. If I can't keep up to her on my converted MTB, I may go the BD route shortly... First "team Isch" ride this weekend.
    Two wheels, two skis, two feet, whatever...

I have been riding a Giant OCR 3 for the last 3 or 4 years and I am happy with it. Had to switch pedals to clipless but that's the only change I have had to make. Can't wait to get back riding..

BD seems like a great option if your measurements fall in line--which is more likely to happen for you guys. There were slim pickins for womens bikes on there and from what I was looking at given the Wrench Science calculator, I was looking at bikes that ultimately, I would not have been able to even stand over them.

If nothing else, I get my 1 year of free adjustments and the security of having tried out the bike first by going to Suburban Sports for it. It wasn't a lengthy test, but at least I could get a feel for it.

Sounds exactly like my wife's situation - from my perspective the difference in price is money well spent.
    Two wheels, two skis, two feet, whatever...

Thread Information