Road Biking: Convince Me - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jisch View Post
    from my perspective the difference in price is money well spent.
    Same here.

Brian

Cool. Now go get it all muddy. Oh wait...
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    And since you can wear spandex in public It's a no brainer.
    Here, I found this for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Cool. Now go get it all muddy. Oh wait...
    You're awfully spunky lately!
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    Congrats Sev, nice ride!

This has been an interesting thread as I am also thinking about getting a road or CX bike. Would like to get some early morning rides in before work, and road seems easier than MTb for that even though I have an out the door MTB option. Been looking at BD and think I am going to go that route, those prices / specs are just too hard to beat. Also going to check out my LBS and look for some used options
    Seeing mtb season is still some time away since the trails are soaked, I was thinking about one, also makes it easier to just get a quick ride in since I can ride from my door. And since you can wear spandex in public It's a no brainer.
    I've been thinking about getting a road bike the last couple of years myself. Handling her new rig isn't helping to quench that desire. I NEED to get a functioning MTB first though...
    Brian

me too!

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I've been thinking about getting a road bike the last couple of years myself. Handling her new rig isn't helping to quench that desire. I NEED to get a functioning MTB first though...
    If you page back in this thread, you see me advocating for a MTB with slicks, now that I see my wife's bike, its making me want a road bike!

look for a MTB spring sale from me - I gotta get rid of some of these old bikes!
    Two wheels, two skis, two feet, whatever...

If you page back in this thread, you see me advocating for a MTB with slicks, now that I see my wife's bike, its making me want a road bike!
    Yeah, I knew handling a road bike would make me want one even more. It's a good thing I resisted the urge to take one for a spin while I was at the shop last night..

look for a MTB spring sale from me - I gotta get rid of some of these old bikes!
    Got anything good??
    Brian

And since you can wear spandex in public It's a no brainer.
    How is this a plus?
    2009-2010:
    Killington: 11/7, 11/21, 12/5, 12/6, 12/10, 12/12, 12/13, 12/22, 12/23, 1/1, 1/2, 1/9, 1/10, 1/23, 1/24 (15)

Ski Sundown: 12/18, 12/19, 12/20, 12/24, 12/30, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, 1/8, 1/11 - 1/22, 1/26-1/30 (27)
    EH XC: 12/21 (1)
    WNY XC/NELSAP BC: 12/29 (1)

Total: 44

Congrats..I was talked into getting a roadbike too. I can't wait to get on in come spring.
    Click. Point. Chute.
    Days 12-13: 86
    Days 11-12: 58 ...and done.
    Days 10-11: 66
    Days 07-10: 44 (average)

probably too small

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Got anything good??
    First I ride my bikes, so these are not museum pieces, well maintained, but used for sure.

Titus RX100 (100mm travel front and back) its a custom size, but "large" is closest. Its a super nice bike - I paid $3,200 for it, but its a 2004 and I'd sell for $750, it needs a drivetrain. Hope hubs, avid bb brakes, Marz AM fork, Fox RP23 shock.

Specialized Enduro SL - 2009, its a Large (runs on the small side). Amazing 6"x6" machine, I'm actually not sure I want to sell this yet, I need more time on the Niner RIP to ensure it's a replacement. It has Specialized air fork and shock, while the reviews on their proprietary stuff have been mixed, this bike has been flawless. All new bearings. Hayes Hydro brakes. Hand built Hope wheel in back, specialized in front (to match fork). Price TBD.

Cannondale Jekyll - 2004(?), its a Medium - 5x5 machine with a Manitou Black coil fork (heavy and light springs included) in front and Fox air can in back. Rim brakes, cheapish wheels. Price: $400

Last is my wife's 2006 Specialized Stumpjumper, its a 5x5 women's specific design, but its red, not all pinky - a guy could ride this without being made fun of . Its a Medium, Fox Float on front and Fox Triad on the back. Shimano wheels, avid BB brakes. Much like the Enduro, not 100% for sale yet, Price TBD.

Today is cold and raw outside, I went downstairs for lunch and my wife had just come back from a bike ride. Man that thing is motivating her to ride! I asked her how she liked it and she said she feels like she's riding slow on a fast bike. I'm sure that will change as she gets used to those skinny tires.

Thread Information