Road Biking: Convince Me - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jisch View Post
    First I ride my bikes, so these are not museum pieces, well maintained, but used for sure.

Titus RX100 (100mm travel front and back) its a custom size, but "large" is closest. Its a super nice bike - I paid $3,200 for it, but its a 2004 and I'd sell for $750, it needs a drivetrain. Hope hubs, avid bb brakes, Marz AM fork, Fox RP23 shock.

Specialized Enduro SL - 2009, its a Large (runs on the small side). Amazing 6"x6" machine, I'm actually not sure I want to sell this yet, I need more time on the Niner RIP to ensure it's a replacement. It has Specialized air fork and shock, while the reviews on their proprietary stuff have been mixed, this bike has been flawless. All new bearings. Hayes Hydro brakes. Hand built Hope wheel in back, specialized in front (to match fork). Price TBD.

Cannondale Jekyll - 2004(?), its a Medium - 5x5 machine with a Manitou Black coil fork (heavy and light springs included) in front and Fox air can in back. Rim brakes, cheapish wheels. Price: $400

Last is my wife's 2006 Specialized Stumpjumper, its a 5x5 women's specific design, but its red, not all pinky - a guy could ride this without being made fun of . Its a Medium, Fox Float on front and Fox Triad on the back. Shimano wheels, avid BB brakes. Much like the Enduro, not 100% for sale yet, Price TBD.
    Thanks, but you're right, it all sounds too small to me. I'm more in the XL plus range.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Thanks, but you're right, it all sounds too small to me. I'm more in the XL plus range.
    B
    You looking for a frame to transfer your parts over too, or a complete bike? What's your budget?

Isn't your Spesh HT frame being covered under warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    B
    You looking for a frame to transfer your parts over too, or a complete bike? What's your budget?

Isn't your Spesh HT frame being covered under warranty?
    Don't know what I'm looking for.

Yes, the HT should be covered by warranty. That doesn't mean I don't want something else too or instead.

Don't know what the budget is, it's getting less and less by the day though, and may be non-existent. So, it may not really mater.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Don't know what I'm looking for.

Yes, the HT should be covered by warranty. That doesn't mean I don't want something else too or instead.

Don't know what the budget is, it's getting less and less by the day though, and may be non-existent. So, it may not really mater.
    You could always pick up a steel AM HT frame like an OnOne 456 or a Blue Pig. Last season I rode my AM HT for most trail rides, the FS only came out when I knew there would be some Xstuntry involved.

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    Picked up a 2010 Giant Avail 3 at Suburban Sports tonight. Thanks, everyone!

ETA: Make that a 2009 Giant Avail 3 that was a leftover...
    Nice ride, Sev! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    Picked up a 2010 Giant Avail 3 at Suburban Sports tonight. Thanks, everyone!

ETA: Make that a 2009 Giant Avail 3 that was a leftover...
    Wow!! See what I missed while I was wasting my time in Colorado!!

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarks View Post
    Wow!! See what I missed while I was wasting my time in Colorado!!
    Yeah, I wanted to wait until you got back but we can't always get over there before you close. At least, not all 4 of us. Something tells me you were doing more than wasting time.

Now if only this rain would go away...
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

A buddy of mine has a Yeti ASR that he's looking to part with. He's 6' 3". I'm getting details on the bike, but would you be interested in a bike like that? Its 7" of travel and 40lbs or so - it would be a lot of bike for XC stuff.
    Two wheels, two skis, two feet, whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Jisch View Post
    A buddy of mine has a Yeti ASR that he's looking to part with. He's 6' 3". I'm getting details on the bike, but would you be interested in a bike like that? Its 7" of travel and 40lbs or so - it would be a lot of bike for XC stuff.
    Sounds like a beast. I like burly stuff. I'm interested to hear more about it at least.

Thanks.
    Brian

ah, just found out its a medium, I can't believe he went for that small of a bike. Nevermind...
    Two wheels, two skis, two feet, whatever...

Thread Information